Bug: Search filter by category

When IO search for a term and set the filter for a special category, I get results from every category in the board.

I would have searched this category if somebody already posted about this bug - but as the filtering doesn't work the search term "search" or "filter" gave me too many results from all over the board's categories 😉

Tagged:

Comments

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

"Seemed" to work fine for me when I just tried it. Did you use the date parameters?

• NelkonNelkon ✭✭✭

@CriminalBizzy wrote:

Did you use the date parameters?

No.

But since it doesn't seem to work the same way for every user, it made a screenshot:

photos.app.goo.gl/MofBirqU3f3ocBwr7

You can see that I searched for the term "germany" , set the filter for this sub-category and got results from different sub-categories. At this early stage of the community the results can be searched on 3-10 pages. But this won't stay too long.

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

@Nelkon try filling in that last field for days. I think the problem is that if you don't complete the days then the search ignores everything else. I don't think it should work that way but that is how it seems to work.

• NelkonNelkon ✭✭✭

@CriminalBizzy : I finally can post screenshots directly. So it's easier to show what I did. Even filter the results to a certain period and a specific category, I get posts from every subcategory of the whole board.

It may seem that that's not a big issue. But a good search engine helps to limit the number of duplicate posts on the same subject. When I want to check whether there is already an open issue concerning the German localization I want to limit the search on the "app feedback" subcategory and don't want to scroll over a plenty of portal mimimi-complaints appeals for German portals. On the long run it's a simple business case. A good implementation of a Vanilla community board can reduce the number of customer tickets significantly and saves budget for more important things. Just saying ;-) .