How do you work with new agents in your city?

Do you actively address newcomers when you see them play? Ingress may be a little difficult for new players to understand in the beginning.

Have you ever been able to recruit friends or family? (Hah, brozne Recruiter will forever be on my profile :-( )

Of course, in times of pandemic, it is a bit difficult to meet in person and explain the basics to new people.

I've often found that a lot of new agents stop playing after a few weeks because of a little support from those who have been playing for a long time. Some said it was a little more difficult to find basic information.

I even saw an agent who stopped playing because the more experienced blamed him for beginner's mistakes (long lines, bad modes). Have patience with new ones, do not blame them!

I think targeting new people and adapting them is crucial for Ingress.

So how do you try to motivate newcomers?

Comments

• MonkeyPeltMonkeyPelt ✭✭✭✭

We usually try to reach out in COMMS to new agents. Having our experienced players reaching out right when we see "AgentX Captured Their First Portal" usually has a pretty low success rate of onboarding (<10%). We see the highest onboarding success when the new agent says something in COMMS. Once we get them on Telegram we walk them through the basics and point them to the Ingression YouTube series. After that we keep talking and drop them gear if they need it. It has been tough not meeting up in person to show them the ropes, but this method has seemed to work well for most new recruits lately since they don't feel threatened by meeting someone IRL right away, pandemic aside.

• I play alone and I don't care about the community :) haha

• W ciągu 4 miesięcy zrobiłem 16 lew, co muszę społeczeństwa do

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Usually they just ask to someone create a pokestop in their home, but when that's not the case is pretty much what @MonkeyPelt said, with low success rate.

• W ciągu 4 miesięcy wykonałem 16 sztuczek, do czego służy społeczeństwo

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Say hello on comms, if they reply, try to help if they ask .... so far most have stopped playing cause other team stalked them

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

What @MonkeyPelt said.

Success is low though.

We also have some old timers who play casual and stay out of communities.

Back when the game was roaring the opposition would actively work on 'poaching' new players.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

in ukraine, we post advertisements for the game and also give business cards in this style

• As said above We reach out on comms and if they reply we bring them into the community on telegram. Some stick at it alot don't. Many players started to make portals for pogo but that incentive has gone as u can make stops in pogo itself.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

It's really too bad that incentive has gone. A lot of the most active players in my area these days started Ingress just to be able to make pokestops. By the time they reached level 10 they realized that Ingress was more fun for them.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

The incentive is still there since is a lot easier to reach lv10 in ingress than lv35 in pokemon go.

• liyu1liyu1 ✭✭✭

yes i greet new agents in the COMM and ask if they want help and add me on telegram.

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

I wish I had new agents in my town but all I do is to advice the low level res agents who are starting to play.