[COMM] Launching COMM displays oldest activity

Summary of issue: For many months, possibly a year or more, launching COMM (Activity/Alerts/Chat/News) at 5 or 10 Kilometer distance will place all the way at or near the top of the feed where older information from previous days is displayed, forcing one to have to scroll down substantially to reach the latest information. The latest information is always located at the bottom of the feed. As you may now, launching COMM in Ingress Redacted always first displayed the latest information at the bottom of the feed.

An intermittent issue also exists where scrolling down through COMM to reach the latest information will be interrupted midway through scrolling and you’ll be flung all the way back up to the top.

I’ve noticed a similar report was submitted in July of 2020 and would like to revisit the topic to resolve this issue: https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/11379/comms-scrolling-is-even-more-broken-than-before

Device: Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max

App Version: 2.63.1-a91bc0a5

Attachment:

12 votes

New Report · Last Updated

Comments

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

Device: Samsung S10+

App version: 2.63.2.dcad5640

So, for ages now, the COMM Alerts tab has been so slow as to be unusable except for historical use. Sometimes I get email alerts faster.

Tapping the COMM-Alerts tab usually takes 30+ seconds to update. Often it goes to oldest alert first, wasting more time trying to get to the active alert.

Is there work being done on this? It happens to everyone I believe. It should be fixed as a high priority as it impacts game play.

• EngrishEngrish ✭✭✭✭

It's very annoying having to scroll down lines and lines of comm activities to see the most recent on the app's comm logs.

• q4meq4me ✭✭

Totally agree. I don’t know how many times I have scroll to the bottom and almost got there when in a flash I’m back at the top. This is not like two or three scrolling this is like 12 to 20 flicks of the thumb, but since it’s not super responsive it takes so long. Then you start to read what’s at the bottom, the most recent activity, and then it takes you back a week. I’m not that interested in what happened a week ago, I want to know what just happened now.

please fix this.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

its a very old bug now, niantic are aware i guess its just hard to do a proper fix for the comm :(