Portal History now available on Intel Map
We are excited to announce that Portal History, one of our most frequently requested features, is now available on the Ingress Intel Map (https://intel.ingress.com/). Portal History is free and available to all Agents, and enables the display of unique Portal visits, captures, and Scout Controlled Portals. For Agents who are level 3 and higher at the time of release, we have also backfilled previous Portal actions. Portal History will be added to the Ingress app in a future update.
To enable this feature, zoom into the Intel Map until the Filters button on the bottom left of the screen is accessible. Click the drop-down menu in the Layers section to toggle between one of the three Layers:
- Visited: A purple ring around the base of the Portal indicates the Portals you have physically interacted with. Portals interacted with only by Drone will not be represented. The applicable actions taken while in close physical proximity to the Portal are:
- Deploying Mods, Beacons, Fireworks, Frackers, or Battle Beacons
- Deploying, upgrading, or locally recharging a Resonator
- Linking from the Portal
- Capturing the Portal
- Successfully submitting a Portal Photo or Portal Scan that is accepted
- Portal Creation (when a Portal is submitted and approved on Wayfarer)
- Captured: A red ring around the base of the Portal indicates the Portals you have previously captured.
- Scout Controlled: An orange ring around the base of Portal indicates the Portals where you have claimed Scout Controller. The yellow Volatile Scout Controller Portal markers will now also be shown on this Layer, so Agents can choose to show or hide their VSCP markers.
Selecting None from the menu will hide all Layers, including the VSCP markers. There is no option to view all three Layers at once; only one Layer can be selected and displayed at a time: Visited, Captured, or Scout Controlled.
As always, please remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least 2 meters/6 feet of distance from other people).
— The Ingress Team