Idea: New Kinetic Capsule Patterns - Common to Rare

Given that we can only do so much more with Kinetic Capsules and Very Rare gear, I'd love to see additional patterns to take common items and make them rare. Obviously, because the walking results in a far less valuable item, we'd need to have larger quantities than 1 output. For example:

• 9 Common Portal Shields + 9 Resonators + XM = 3 Rare Portal Shields.
  • 9 Common Heat Sink + 9 Resonators + XM = 3 Rare Heat Sinks.
  • 9 Common Multi-Hacks + 9 Resonators + XM = 3 Rare Multi-Hacks

Beyond this, if Niantic is planning on selling limited charge Kinetic Capsules, this would form a great way to provide more options to keep 9 Kinetic Capsules churning at once, and provide another revenue stream for the product.

Comments

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would just love to generate common mods, VR mods are relatively useless for me and common mods (and now Kinetic produced VR mods) just get thrown on whatever portals just to get the Engineer badge slowly incrementing.

5 level 1 cubes + 500m = 1 common shield or something.

Or as @1valdis suggested, a mod that can only be generated would be cool! Though I would still find more use out of generating common gear lol

• With more common mods in the game, there will be even more portals where all 4 mod slots are already in use. I would therefore not want to see the number of common mods increased.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I made a similar post some time ago. Feel free to check it.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

Honestly, I would just rather they let me pick what resos go in or whatever else, hate that I need to dump my level 4 resos of which I am usually low on, so that they can take l5 instead which j have loads of. Or even better, if it required 3 l4 resos, let it be 2 l5 or 1 l6 or higher.

Also wouldnt mind if things like 10 l7 busters got changed to 5 l8 busters

And I agree with your common to rare as well, 3 common = 1 rare

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

common recipe would be nice, i dont like waste 3 rare mods to get just 1 vr mod.. but common junk sure.

• If you have no 4's in your inventory, the capsule will let you substitute higher level resos/bursters. I guess you could place your 4's in another capsule temporarily to use the 5's instead...