New Item Idea: XM Cache
· XM Cache is an item that could be placed at any geographical location by an agent.
· This XM Cache can hold up to 1000 items.
· An XM Cache could only be put in inventory and moved if it was completely empty.
· Quantum Capsules would not duplicate items while in the XM Cache
· Any agent can see this Cache on the ground. (No comm message when deployed.)
· To access you must use a 5 glyph sequence combination lock that the original deploying agent sets.
· This glyph sequence can be change by any agent who has the combination.
· An Agent could try to guess the Glyph pattern but like hacking a portal would only get one attempt every 5 minutes and suffer an XM loss for failed attempts.
· The original owner would have a “Self Destruct” option that could be triggered remotely that would destroy the XM Cache and all contents in it. (To be used if Glyph combination was forgotten /changed or otherwise unable to be retrieved)
· Each Agent could only deploy 1 – 3 XM Cache (Maybe limit amount to Recursions)
Obviously, many agents run into inventory issues particularly when farming for Anomalies and other special events. The easy fix for that would be to simply raise the inventory limit of any individual agent. However I think this is a neat idea and would add an entirely new element to the game. One could store items long term on the ground without losing it but, it would be in essence a risk. Any agent would be able to attempt to hack into the cache and steal items. Alternatively agents could use them as “secure” dead drop locations to allow for agents to pass gear though they can’t get to it at the same time.
Ok that’s my idea; **** it full of holes guys.