June/July 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

Comments

• GargishGargish ✭✭✭

Will there be Mission Days after the Myriad anomalies? Right now the PoCs seem to be left in the dark, so a clarification would be great!

• As the map origin changed from GMaps to OpenStreetMap in January 2018, is it planned to update it with the latest changes?

• AgentX1976AgentX1976 ✭✭✭

I thank you guys for streamlining somewhat portal criteria for new portals and the opr suggested rating system. But I do find a couple of inconsistencies between the places where the information is listed.

For example the guidelines tell us that memorials in cemeteries should not be accepted, but it does say that memorials that do not contain actual remains should be valid. To me this says that a dedication plaque in a public park for a tree or a bench or a fountain would be eligible. But in the "what makes a high quality portal" section on the Ingress support page it asks not to submit every bench. Again to me this means that a generic bench should not be a portal, which I agree with, but a bench with a memorial should be eligible.

Personally I have been giving the memorials that the photo is the memorial (not a picture of the bench) good marks, and low marks to ones that don't focus on the memorial.

Want to make sure I'm being correct in my interpretation of the guide. I have avoided submitting memorials in parks because of this inconsistent guidelines.

• I know you guys are working hard on getting prime ready for the inevitable retirement of redacted but...are there any future plans to add new items, weapons, or content into prime?

• BarthaxBarthax ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

Is there any planned update to OPR (or other service) to show current status of portal submissions? In particular for showing status of upgraded submissions but would be nice for all.

Great to see an AMA again. Many thanks!

• PonderPonder ✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

What is the problem causing googlemail addresses to fail Prime login, why is there no fix date and will you still retire Redacted if this problem cannot be fixed before the planned retirement date?

• HarmrrHarmrr ✭✭

What's the status on the "stuck beacons"?

Are you guys able to fix it anytime soon?

• I am glad to see you again! The certificate of website veruminveniri.com was expired 4 days ago. Can you remind someone of renewing its certificate? What's wrong with ingress report? The newest post is about Cassandra Prime!

• Hi Andrew,

Thanks for taking the time to answer these AMA's. As you've stated in previous AMA's the current priority for the dev team is to reach feature parity with Scanner [Redacted], firstly as an initial critic of the Prime scanner I'm finding it easier to use as each update addresses issues, at some point I am certain I'll be using it as my primary scanner.

My question though is for when parity is reached and Redacted is fully deprecated and removed from the App Stores, and the team can focus on new features. Will Niantic look at changing the format of anomalies to be a bit more inclusive to agents worldwide? We have held anomalies in my area previously, in South Africa, but I missed the last anomaly by a month and haven't had an opportunity to partake in another. The only option at the moment is to travel to Europe, however the cost is prohibitive for most of our agents. We are also too far away to even aid in recharging. The only options available to us is through Intel operating, which is not something I can see myself enjoying, or being particularly good at. I prefer being on the ground getting things done. Perhaps Niantic can look at ways in which we can also contribute and earn badges without having to fork out a months worth of salary for air tickets and 10 to 15 hours flight time to get to an anomaly site?

Hopefully this isn't a repeat question, if so will try browser through the archives.

• SquampSquamp ✭✭

I heard the after party in Amsterdam was just great for everyone. Will we see this for the upcoming Myriad and Umbra anomalies, too?

• Hi, Andrew!

A question about crosslinks.

I remember that after some field art with crosslinks was done you mentioned in an AMA that using crosslinks for field art isn't affecting gameplay, but if it gets used more then you'll have to assess the situation again. (Might mistake the AMA part, but definitely remember reading this somewhere.)

We have had several occasions where local RES players have used crosslinks at the same location to throw big fields (iirc over 200k MU/field) over our capital.

A local agent has also reported them for this, but as far as we know nothing has come of it.

Is using crosslinks for big fields okay? Or will something be done to combat this?

• With the retirement of Scanner [REDACTED] in the coming months, can we expect any new items to come to Ingress Prime? There's been some great suggestions mentioned by agents before, and some I've thought of myself, including:

• Sponsored hack mods, similar to the Aegis Shield, perhaps offering 80-90% reduction in cool down for a sponsored heat sink and 16 additional hacks for a sponsored multi-hack.
    • A new transmuter which alters output to mods only.
    • Mods which increase hack output for your own faction (without affecting cooldown or burnout) or decrease output for agents of the opposite faction.
    • A weapon similar to the viruses which instantly neutralises a portal instead of flipping it.
    • New beacons, such as First Saturday, Mission Day, Anomaly meetup beacons, etc, perhaps only purchasable by POCs.
  • Will the N1331 be returning to the states in the fall.

• Hey Andrew, glad to see the forums are up and running.

I was wondering if there is some kind of reviewing schedule for portals? Based on my experience for the past year, more rural areas get prioritized over cities and suburbs from the start of summer far into the autumn season, perhaps as long as early winter. If true, what is the motivation behind it?

• Hello.

For the new series of Anomalies there is no longer an option to paticipate off site.

Does that mean there are no badge for rechargers?

Thanks

• Have you considered that the new color so bright in the glyph lines can be annoying for some?

• Hello Andrew, I have an idea that could perhaps relieve OPR. Maybe something like that is already in use. Example: Player A submits a portal proposal. With confirmation, a GPS lock is built around just this point, for my part, the normal portal range. If player B wants to submit the same or nearby proposal, it will be rejected directly with reference to an ongoing submission. Once the submission of player A is decided, the lock is lifted, player B can still get a message about it. What do you think about this?

• msz21msz21 ✭✭✭

Will it be possible to get a secondary bonus location if you run out of candidates to review in OPR? Maybe this can be an additional reward for doing OPR where you can add another bonus location to help review.

This discussion has been closed.