June/July 2019 Ingress AMA Question Thread

1234568»

Comments

• When will battery drain issues in Prime be fixed?

• Hi Andrew, thanks for your work.

Any updates on status of Android Q bans? It's been nearly a month now and no more information has been given back to us.

My appeal was closed without any communication provided.

Thanks in advance for a response.

• I need key bookmark so that I wont misss to recharge the portal and easy to access when fielding..TQ

• unagiramenunagiramen ✭✭✭

What is the formal name of this web site ? Ingress twitter account said "Ingress Community", but title of this web site is "Ingress Community Forums". Which is correct ? I like shorter one !

• I have a question about Operation Portal Recon,

At the time of an examination,

When a difference in the locations is corrected.

When also correcting from the location when applying,by oneself,is that given priority to?

Or when more than one correction isn't collected,isn't it corrected?

• I am editing OSM. Are you planning to bring the latest OSM data into ingress? In the first place, I want the map of the scanner to be detailed.

• GearGliderGearGlider ✭✭✭✭✭

Are apartment buildings considered Private residential property?

• yngemaryngemar ✭✭✭

Is it possible to change factions more than once via the recursion mechanic? The old-school faction change mechanic was one-use-only, but the documentation on faction changes via recursion does not say anything about such a limitation.

• iooryziooryz ✭✭

Hi Andrew, thanks for the time you're investing in the ama, and thanks a lot for your time in Amsterdam! How are you? 😉

I'm under the impression that it was your first Dutch or even European anomaly. I really enjoyed the xf afterparty and basecamp,but I'm curious how you experienced this anomaly?

• mcwebtreemcwebtree ✭✭✭

Are there any plans to recruit more hamsters to beef up the passcode processing server? Or possibly upgrade to the more powerful guinea **** variant.

Over the last few months I've struggled to redeem any public passcode when I know its been valid and not yet FR, (as people after me have claimed it successfully). I just get the wait of doom and when it eventually works for me hours later its FR. Despite trying in intel, prime or redacted, (and sometimes combinations or them, or just sticking to one).

I thought I posted this but its showing in my drafts still. :S me confused.

• Can you confirm how many known universes/dimensions currently exist in Ingress?

I know of 5: Anime, Prime, 1218, Osiris and Nemesis.

• edited June 2019

Is the compatibility with Wear OS included in the "parity" of Prime? REDACTED doesn't have compatibility too, but the old Ingress had.

• MorganzaMorganza ✭✭✭✭✭

No. This has been answered many times.

The restriction is on single family residential property (including farms and ranches) only.

• RatooRatoo ✭✭

Hello Andrew, thank you doing AMA after the hiatus, I enjoyed the brief encounter with you in Japan.

First, in Ingress Prime, the portal nomination maps now comes with an arbitrary, roughly 2.5km radius in moving maps, thus limiting people's ability to nominate portal back from their trip, etc. Is there any plan to change this, if not, why?

Second, while I always find most if not all NIA developers and community communicators friendly and helpful, sometimes things didn't go so well. Do you feel it has something to you're understaffed, and does it limit your potential to fully deploy ideas and features?

Third, when Redacted caused agents got banned on Android Q, Niantic Support recommended using Prime - except it is also not supported, and would show device not supported every few minutes, if able to get past the launching screen. Is there any plan to improve Prime's compatibility?

This discussion has been closed.