The goal of this monthly Ingress Ask Me Anything (AMA) is to answer questions you may have about Ingress -- within reason and with a few restrictions.
- Write your post in the form of a question.
- Do not ask multiple questions on multiple topics in a single post. One topic per post.
- Be constructive. Rhetorical terrorists and hyperbolic posts are going to be ignored. If there is something you are unhappy with, explain what it is you don't like.
- Be respectful. Ingress isn't perfect. I am an imperfect person. If you are disrespectful, you are going to at a minimum be blocked.
- Don't ask about other Niantic products. This AMA is Ingress focused.
- Read the previous AMA's. A repeat question is likely to go unanswered.
- The AMAs are not a place to seek personal assistance or ask us to research a specific ticket. For support, contact @niantichelp on Twitter or submit a ticket yet for your issue, go to
Tips for getting your question answered:
- Don't write in generalities. Provide details so myself and the team can be informed.
- Don't write lengthy essays or add non-vital information to your post. You should be able to ask your question using only a few sentences.
- Don't use what-ifs or how-abouts. Get to the point.
- Don't write a one-way argument. We aren't debating.
It's okay to have fun with this. We welcome compliments and criticism as long as they follow the rules.