Disabling Portal Scanning should hide VSCP markers

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I know this was mentioned in FAQ and the answer is "no, currently they are visible globally".

Well, I kindly ask Niantic (@NianticBrian ) to remove the continuous yellow blinking markers from my screen if I have Portal Scanning disabled. If the switch is off then I don't want to know anything about VSCP. Let it be shown only for those who actually want to do this labor, I wanna see features which are directly related to, well, Ingress and the core gameplay.

Comments

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

I like the new feature, but I agree. Especially in stock Intel the ornaments are intrusive with no way to disable them.

• I don't want this useless markers, not in scanner, not in intel.

• DreSt89DreSt89 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

I do like the feature, but I also agree that players should be able to turn off the feature in the Scanner if portal scanning is off and a filter should be implemented in the Intel for hiding the ornaments.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

There is currently no active setting in Settings to disable seeing these.

An oversight I am sure.

I think they are using the backend Anomaly system of marking portals as certain things.

However after an Anomaly or hexathlon, these markers go away

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Could be we get something else and not just markers for scanning i think there is something more to expect since they wont go away anytime soon maybe after eos something else happens ?