Need something to wait for in Ingress

1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I realized why I wait for new app updates every other week so passionately.

Because there's nothing else to wait for.

No plans on features, events. No roadmap. Nothing.

We just keep getting those updates every two weeks without knowing if there are 1.5 bugfixes in them, or finally something bigger.

What should keep me excited about the future of Ingress? Until lately, I was getting some info from data miners. They were all shut down. Now, maybe someone from Niantic will share plans for future instead?

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020
    • Subscription ?
    • More kinetics capsules ?
    • New type of drone versions ?
    • Mini events that awards badge ?
    • or how about a dev diary that gives us some input what to expect in the future new features, badges, events etc etc to look forward maybe how niantic wants to take ingress 2021 and forward...?
  • BurliBurli ✭✭✭

Phase 3 of the EOS Events starts on Friday.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

That's just another set of bonuses. We're having bonuses for how much, more than half a year? Since the pandemic start.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

I've been waiting for a half dozen waypoints in the Bahamas to be accepted or rejected that I submitted back in early June 2018.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic knows communication is something they need to work on, but I don’t think we’ll ever know why it isn’t a priority.

• ToxoplasmollyToxoplasmolly ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

oscarc1:

Info on the subscription. So many people are keen to support Niantic through the subscription, even just a **** feed of news or updates would be great for knowing more about it and building hype. Get us excited to spend our money!

The subscription has been a work-in-progress for nearly a year, now.

Niantic sent out a survey about potential subscription options half a year ago, now.

The time for hype has passed.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, can't believe it's been a whole year already! It feels like just yesterday lol

• I'm waiting for Catan. It already looked like it would come this fall, but no 😫

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2020

the longer they wait with the subscription the worse it will be, i hope they launch it this year since ingress needs to cover it costs they have said multiple times. i also find it odd they dont offer one archive medal each month along with a extra key capsule or media locker. i know many want buy another extra, things like that wouldnt hurt to have in store.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Ukraine, a multi-million city at rush hour, plays 3-8 agents. Regional chats are mostly used for everyday style issues (does anyone have a drill, or where has the local bookstore moved). Alas, the game has nothing else to do. And in Pokémon ... Event after event, innovations, not in style (we fixed 1 old error and produced 5-7 new errors, and no hope, we never fixed the comm). I'm wondering why the events in Pokemon Go have not been canceled? But everything was canceled in ingress. In my city, Pokemon trainers, as they gathered in groups of 20-40 pieces, continue to gather at each rare Pokemon, despite the pandemic. But the ingress audience fell almost to 0. Why ruin our game like that?

• Workers have been transferred from the Ingress team to Catan. Simply: those games that bring in a lot of money have the resources to use and those that make a loss lose factors.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

But catan is not even out worldwide still in beta??

• Yes, exactly. Based on the discussions, there is still a lot to fix and do before it can be published globally. Ingress has been around for years and although players spend a lot of money and time playing it, Niantic benefits little from that money. I think Catan players spend less money and time playing, but when they spend money it is used in the game and not at the gas station.