Game is laggy yet again - Nov. 13th 2020

EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2020 in General

So the game is laggy and nearly unplayable yet again. Reports from Crete, Spain, Netherlands, Middle of the United States. What gives Ingress? Happy 8th Birthday! Happy double AP. Keep wasting those Apexes you are buying. This is getting stupid.

@ofer2 no alerts? @NianticBrian when are we going to get a playable game? This issue is happening more and more frequently even without a star burst bringing the servers to a crawl.

I'm not sure if it's someone's grand plans to p-i-s-s-o-f-f their remaining players or what. @ace care to comment?

Why is it that we have to complain and complain loudly here on the forums every d-a-m-n time there are server issues before anything gets done?

The updated client is bad enough but drop crappy server issues on us repeatedly. And if it's because someone didn't allocate enough resources during double AP / Birthday week it's time to put someone else in charge of these decisions or just k-i-l-l the damn project.

I'm frustrated. Can you tell that?

Anyone else frustrated?

Tagged:

Comments

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

Laggy in Utrecht, the Netherlands

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Confirming massive lag in Australia. In the middle of fielding to gain AP and it locks up trying to glyph hack, throw links, etc. Constantly lagging or returning errors.

Have wasted two apexes already, missed checkpoint.

This is pathetic and needs to be properly addressed.

Is this the kind of service level we are to expect when subscriptions are released?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Sucks for all Apex activated and its impossible to play due to lag :(

• A terrible game now. Apex... wasted. Charge 1-2 resonators for 1 min 35 sec. And don't charge them! Who will bring the apex back now?

Yekaterinburg, Russia.

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

It seems slightly less laggy currently. I was actually able to glyph hack three level 1 portals successfully with some lag. Recharging a remote portal (5km away) took 45 seconds for it to register/show in app (ie ui and AP pop-up).

I tagged Brian Rose on Twitter right after I posted this as well per other agents suggestions. No response from anyone at Ingress yet. Based on several different chats this issue has been going on for at least an hour before I posted.

It was also mentioned to ping a vanguard when these issues occur so that they can reach out to Niantic employees directly. Which is great, but makes you wonder why we would need to report problems with their servers this way?

• Popped an Apex at 6:30 EST, game proceeded to crawl for the next hour + while I put up my usual field. Typically the throw time is about 20 minutes, but it took nearly 50 to complete, with multiple restarts, black screens, key tray hopping all over the place. I'm sure I missed a bunch of layers and fields just because I couldn't see the AP/MU messages for about 30% of the fields, those were just gone.

• Pissed off. Out in the field to play in rain and gust. 2 apex lost and got so pissed at Niantic. Fix this now

Servers seem to be working again. Seemingly starting around 8-8:15 am cst.

No response yet here on the forums from anyone at Niantic/Ingress or via Twitter.

Kinda sucks two of the three hours I had set aside for Ingress today were plagued with problems. Maybe level up tomorrow instead if it doesn't rain all day and as long as no one does a link star.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like Link Star time. (Just kidding, I do not have the kit to do that)

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

no idea what caused it but worked for me this evening play. Noticed just a little lag for a moment when tried to glyph hack managed to use 1 apex without any issues in the end.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Someone get the on-call staff member a coffee or something.

• M1chaeIM1chaeI ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the insight ofer, we really appreciate it!

Thanks for replying to the forums to let us know.

Is there anyway that whomever the on-call or support person is who gets these alerts can either push a message via the Ingress Telegram account or even in Game to let us know someone is looking at the issue or working on it? Not knowing if the issue is even being looked at or worked on, or if it's going to occur again leaves most agents in the dark.