Update on the Eos Protocol

1234568»

Comments

• They cancel the badge for something you do alone? 😓😢😭. Giving perks makes you play as much as a badge might.

• ArkFangArkFang ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

It'll certainly be interesting to see what happens next.

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

"One third of player base"

"Most of the world"

In lockdown? Like to know source of stats. Most players are in APAC region, which is, mostly not locked down.

Germany- not in lockdown

Italy- Half open.

Belgium- restricted but open.

Portugal- open.

Netherlands - restricted but open.

Denmark- open.

Ireland - open.

Sweden - open.

its mostly uk, spain and greece locked down.

By open, i mean enough to go out and play. Some curfews in place.

Thanks again whiners.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I enjoyed Phase 1. Was able to get to level 15 and now start the long climb to level 16.

I also appreciate that there’s a small break between phases. Means that I can do some scans but not send them in yet, and do a batch upload later on with an APEX on.

• milofargmilofarg ✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Sorry to see the Eos medal just get snatched away after being dangled in front of us for some days. I mean, sure, it's perhaps OK to modify the event somewhat to not encourage breaking the most draconian health laws in some communities, but isn't it possible to rework the Eos medal to reward any kind of activity during the Eos phases? As there are still two phases left, it's still time to change this decision.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

I mean phase 2 is all about scanning, that is impossible to do from home so meaning u must go out, so why cant we have a badge that works with drone or something so not even forced go out? even a global threshold with drones could work, i dont understand....

• How do we get triple AP for photo submissions when there is no AP associated with photo submissions?

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had no answer from @NianticBrian, but it turned out that it added +200 scans. Would have been good to know beforehand as I woke up this morning with 361 scans to do... After a whole day of walking I managed to do 274 before giving up to go home and have dinner.

The AP bonus for scans is a nice touch, but it still needs to be much more given the amount of effort involved to get unique scans. As suggested elsewhere, 100 AP per second I think would be reasonable. After about 9 hours and 274 scans later, only 279k AP was made (granted most of where I went was already captured and fielded). That could have been achieved in a matter of minutes with actual gameplay.

If portal scanning is going to be such a major part of what Niantic wants and even a focus of such Ingress events, can we at least get the constant crashes and graphical glitches fixed please? Make the experience better for the player and they will be able to perform better for Niantic. So many times Ingress would freeze, restart, go to a black screen, have all the characters converted to random weird looking typefaces or just general graphical glitches - like the below example, which was experienced today lol God forbid we get subscriptions and still face constant server issues and bugs with nothing ever going on to address them!

Also, 400 scans is just way too much. The original limit of 200 a fortnight was great and nicely balanced. 200 per week is doable, but requires a lot more consistent commitment for those of us that want to get the Onyx Scout Controller badge as soon as possible (so that we never have to care about this silly thing again).

TLDR: Niantic need to learn how to communicate, fix bugs, keep scanning AP, give more AP per scan, don't ever increase the scan limit again lol

• Also, 400 scans is just way too much.

It's a limit... not a requirement.

• Oh I forgot to check how many AP I had before uploading my Scans when I got WiFi. I didn’t see APs on the screen like normally appeared when charging, etc. Anyone really noticed of getting APs from uploading our scans?

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the AP appeared on screen just after it confirms the scan has successfully uploaded.

Here's hoping they keep the AP bonus for this tedious labor intensive gimmick

• Did some scanning for the first time in a while and the whole process is definitely a lot smoother with the app not needing 30 seconds to process each scan.

The 500 AP is a really nice touch and I feel should be a permanent addition. I'm happy being able to do some field work for niantic if it helps keep the game alive but it doesn't feel rewarding enough as is. The chunk of AP for uploading is a great short term reward to pair with the long term badge grind.

All in all it's nice to have things happening in the game again.

• Thanks. Yeah this time I did see my AP before uploading. It’s just not appear flying from the middle then rise above like the other APs.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

So, the Phase 2 event is over... Anybody else getting all their photo submissions back after the event already ended? This is stupid.

Triple AP for Portal photo submissions

Yeah, no. Triple AP for approved Portal photos. @Niantic Why are we not getting the triple AP for the submissions made during the event? I made a lot of pictures, had 4 approved during the event, which ended 18:00 CET yesterday. I now have 22 pictures approved since then. Come on, what the heck xD

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's an interesting point, so I looked at my portal photo stats for the month of November:

November 2020 Portal Photo Stats:

• Accepted: 70
    • Rejected: 6
    • Pending: 21 (Oldest pending is from 28/11/2020)
    • Total: 97

• Average Response Time: 4.61 Days
    • Quickest Response: 2 Days
    • Longest Response Time: 10 Days

During EOS Phase 2

• Submitted: 40
    • Processed: 23 (Earliest was submitted 17/11/2020)

So just looking at that snapshot, the review of portal photos is pretty quick averaging at just under 5 days. That's way quicker than Wayfarer lol So to maximise potential AP gains from the portal photo submissions, you should have started a few days beforehand to allow the portal photo review people a chance to clear out their current backlog to reach the new photos submitted during the event. As to whether photos submitted during EOS Phase 2 and accepted after Phase 2 ends will still gain 1500AP, I don't know. I would guess and say it's unlikely.

Also thank you to the portal photo review people for their quick turnaround on reviews. It's very appreciated. Keep up the great work!

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

Surely you expected it to work this way, did anyone expect otherwise? It's the same with double credit for agreements: you may have reviewed something during the event but if it passes/fails after the event you only get credit for one agreement.

• According to niantic help they don’t give AP for photo submissions.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, I've seen people claim the same here. But they're wrong. Support is also wrong. The AP gain is omitted from the e-mail but still rewarded in-game.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah the boiler plate template message for Prime might not show it but it gives 1000 AP

The email is just a template that needs to be updated.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

niantic should offer the canceled eos badge in store to buy like the halloween badge...