Kinetic Crafting: new items and recipes suggestions

13»

Comments

• Could they make the rare kinetic to be one pile? Maybe clicking them to show the once running and how many uses each one have left? Now I have like a million capsules floating around in my inventory. (No not one million but i feels like)

• Often I don't have anything in a kinetic capsule, because I don't like the math of most of them (give up 3 mods 750 AP to get 1 mod 250 AP), and/or I just don't need any of those things.

But then, I feel left out of the fun. I want free stuff too!

How about a program just for kicks - like 10 or 20 L1 (or greater) resonators or bursters, or 5 media -- to get one beacon or firework? It wouldn't upset gameplay / team score / faction dynamics. You could just collect up a dozen or so, and light a block or park up with them, for smiles.

• That's why I suggested a random key program. You don't get to choose, the system will pick a key out of all the millions of portals in the world. The chance of it being a useful key is pretty much zero.

Maybe if we can burn a key to send a drone over to the portal, so that we can tour places virtually. But that has some game changing implications with regards to gear acquisition and needs some thinking about.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

A way to transmute ito + and - into each other.

• VenomousToadVenomousToad ✭✭✭✭✭

The kinetic capsules are fine the way they are. Just stop quantums. They aren't needed anymore.

• I'm confused about your point here?

Are you saying that the lazy people are complaining about duplication, or the lazy people are arguing against losing the duplication?

Because if it's the former, your argument makes no sense, because removing the duplication is to make people drive to the portal.

• Agents who don't have onyx engineer would benefit more from programs that break mods to larger amount of lower level mods.

• With all the very rare shields crafted we need to be able to craft ultrastrikes.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

or some kind of program where it's XMP bursters + either rare or very rare weapon mods = ultrastrikes

• tp235tp235 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2023

Interesting idea.

I once jokingly mentioned a program where 2000 RLAs and 6881 km of walking would generate 1 VRLA, but it would be nice to have a new program other than duplicating portal keys.

However, the really very rare items should not be available through hacks or synthesis, but through real world actions.

Just as in the past when Ultra Strike was an exclusive item for Motorola smartphones and VRLA was only available if you rented a car, connecting real world actions to the game world will result in interesting changes to our actions and the real world.

So, in the past, for example, Hypercube (formerly Lawson and Circle K) should have been available by purchasing certain things from their stores, which were also sponsors, instead of being available through hacks.

That way, before the XM anomaly, we would have witnessed the "strange scene" of many AGs visiting Japan and buying "Karaage-kun" in large quantities at Lawson stores near international airports and city terminal stations.

And that is not PtW, but a way to show one of the benefits of being a sponsor and to get the fans that the company is really looking for.

Currently, Ingress is having difficulty attracting new sponsors, but it seems to me that this is something that should be considered in attracting sponsors that will also help Ingress continue its services.

Post edited by tp235 on
  • GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I do think we should have Very Rare Turrets and VR Force Amps in the game, craftable only