A new phase: Eos Protocol
Read the latest update regarding Eos Protocol here.
The NIA, in conjunction with Hulong Transglobal, have instigated Eos Protocol, a 3-phase plan to install safeguards in the Portal Network at the outset of this post-Exogenous era. The Phases are as follows:
- Phase 1: “Light Up the Portal Network”
- Phase 2: “See With New Eyes”
- Phase 3: “Capture Their Minds”
Details about each Phase will be shared with Agents just prior to the start of each Challenge Window. At this time, only the following information has been decoded:
Eos Protocol Objective
Secure each Phase and score more Victory Points than the opposing Faction. The winning Faction will be able to further influence the human mind through Control Fields, amplified by 100 Very Rare Link Amps distributed to 100 participant Agents on the winning Faction, chosen at random and vetted for activity, via single-use passcodes.
Factions can score 1 Victory Point for meeting or exceeding the Global Challenge Threshold in each Phase. Phase 3 will include a fourth Victory Point, measured through securing Connected Cells. The maximum number of Victory Points achievable by a Faction is 4.
To win, outscore the opposing Faction in Victory Points. If the Victory Point totals result in a tie, then the Faction with the greatest total points accumulated across Eos Protocol will be victorious.
There is a single Eos Medal for both Factions, with individual points used to determine Bronze, Silver, and Gold tiers, and point totals accumulated across all 3 Phases. This is not an XM Anomaly, and the Eos Medal is not classified as an Anomaly Medal. This is also separate from or independent of the Year 8 Anniversary Medal, which will be granted to active Agents for their contributions in the preceding year after the conclusion of Phase 1.
Phase 1: “Light Up the Portal Network”
- Start: NOV 9, 2020 17:00 UTC (9:00 AM PST)
- End: NOV 17, 2020 17:00 UTC (9:00 AM PST)
- Objective: Capture unique Portals, and neutralize unique enemy Portals
- Temporary Boosts during Challenge Window:
- Double AP (Apex will stack on top of this Temporary Boost, meaning 4X AP)
- Double deploy L8 Resonators
- Double deploy Portal Mods (up to 4 Mods per Agent per Portal)
- Unique Portals captured per Agent: 3 points/Portal
- Unique Portals neutralized per Agent: 1 point/Portal
- Note that all measurements are new and unique within each Phase. For example, even if an Agent previously captured “Portal X” prior to the Eos Protocol, capturing this same Portal during Phase 1 will still be counted for 3 points because it is new and unique during Phase 1
- If an Agent captures 100 unique Portals and neutralizes 100 unique Portals during Phase 1, they will earn 400 points towards their Eos Medal (100*3 points)+(100*1 point)
- Meeting or exceeding 5M points will earn each Faction 1 Victory Point
- Factions can earn a maximum of 1 Victory Point in Phase 1
- Global Challenge Threshold:
- 5,000,000 points
As always, remember to be aware of your surroundings. We encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines when playing Ingress (such as wearing masks and maintaining at least six feet of distance from other people).
— The Ingress Team