I was a RES POC for the Chicago anomaly and Hank was with me all day. AMA

Comments

• @chibri does this new platform support #coycheck?

• I have a question.

1 Is it only Chicago to invite Hank to Chicago? Or the world's will?

2 Why did you think that disguise best costume was the Construction worker? Were there any other disguises? 

3 Was the route decided in advance? Or did you send Hank's position? 

4 I think an agent of ENL passed next to you. What did you think then?

• caytcayt ✭✭✭

How much bacon was consumed during Friday - Sunday of anomaly weekend?

How much alcohol was consumed during the weekend and prior during planning?

• isorhizaisorhiza ✭✭✭

Congratulation for the perfect win.

Q1. How effective was Hank's power? Was it possible to complete all the sets of artifacts within a limited time (30 minutes or whatever)? Was there any tendency in drop of artifact? That means, for example, only a part of artifact appears at first moment, then another part appears during the next moment, like that. Or all kind of artifacts dropped all the time? How many artifact (number of medias and number of 6-media sets) could you (or the most effective person who followed your car all the time) collect during the anomaly?

Q2. Did you distribute extra set of artifacts to other agents to maximize the faction's point?

Q3. How did you expect the scores for each competition before the start of the anomaly? C1 (portal battle), C2 (shard), C3 (artifacts), C4. FYI, I expected C1 65:35, C2 70:30, C3 35:65, C4 0:60

Q4. Was there any strategy to achieve closer scores in C1 and C2 ?

Q5. Why did you use Darsana Lens at that point? Was it planed beforehand?

• @chibri it is so hard for me to imagine Ingress with you "retired". I am excited for you that you are taking time for yourself - what a big year for you it has been! For most of my Ingress career, you have been there, chiming in, encouraging, being positive even during the hard times. You have inspired me, uplifted me, and helped me to remember, when I started to forget, the higher good that being part of an amazing community of people can bring. I'm so glad we got to meet in person this year and I hope "retiring" doesn't mean you will vanish completely. Thank you for your service to the Resistance community and Ingress as a whole. I will miss you!

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

@cayt

thank you for everything you have done for the Resistance and Ingress as a whole. It has been an honor working with you and I wish you & Laura the best.

Thank you for the kind words. But more importantly, thank you for all your help during the planning! You tackled many diverse tasks, and I know our attendees were better prepared because of those efforts!

How much bacon was consumed during Friday - Sunday of anomaly weekend?

I'm trying to watch my cholesterol and eat healthier in general, so no bacon for me! (Except when Laura didn't finish hers due to extreme hangover on Sunday morning!)

How much alcohol was consumed during the weekend and prior during planning?

I needed to stay sharp until 17:31 on Saturday, so I limited myself to one beer on Friday night. (Swag packing on Thursday involved beer and Malort though!) I never had an empty glass on Saturday night, though I admittedly nursed the drinks because I didn't want to forget any of the fun or the kind words from so many!

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@BoyPlankton

does this new platform support #coycheck?

It seems hashtags do not work, do they? Images appear to be supported though!

Post edited by chibri on
  • chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

@MysticalGnu

it is so hard for me to imagine Ingress with you "retired". I am excited for you that you are taking time for yourself - what a big year for you it has been! For most of my Ingress career, you have been there, chiming in, encouraging, being positive even during the hard times. You have inspired me, uplifted me, and helped me to remember, when I started to forget, the higher good that being part of an amazing community of people can bring. I'm so glad we got to meet in person this year and I hope "retiring" doesn't mean you will vanish completely. Thank you for your service to the Resistance community and Ingress as a whole. I will miss you!

Ya makin' me teary. (It's gonna be hard to hang up the scanner and the operational involvement.)

I am in continued awe of the work you do for the Resistance as a whole. Please keep it up!

I won't disappear. I have too many friends in this community to just disappear. I will still be around on a social level.

I truly believe the best of Ingress is yet to come. I trust you will continue to usher the RES towards positivity and into that future. 💙

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

@caderoux

Other sites lost UPH and still won the anomaly.

What makes UPH, and particularly the buses (which have also been used at other sites), a key component of the Chicago ENL loss. Compared to the performance in other components?

Given also that UPH is WTA, does the margin actually show that the buses even fully determined the UPH result more than any other strategy which fully embraced UPH as a priority?

I think the buses were indeed important, but there are so very many things that went just right to secure the RES win. Based on the faction UPH counts and some anecdotal information about UPH for those who rode the bus vs. those who didn't, it is not clear that we wouldn't have won the UPH points without the buses. I can say with confidence that UPH counts would have been very, very close if we hadn't had the buses. We focused on the competitions we felt confident we could win and used careful timing to keep the other competitions close enough to keep us in the running.

Apart from marvelling at the ENL attendee numbers, I personally thought very little about what ENL were doing and tried to focus my attention on the tasks RES needed to complete.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

@JimboMX

Did you know that ENL used rented vans at Recursion Prime México City (or that Is the rumor)?

I hadn't heard this, but I certainly understand why they would have!

I have other question, but i wont make it public

@chibri on TG, if you like.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

@Ultrawenis

Thank you for all of your hard work. 💙 I get so giddy every time I open my agent profile and see the blue osiris badge.

Thank YOU for attending!

The blue Osiris badge is a bittersweet thing for me. I honestly think the game would be better served without faction-limited badges like this. But if SOME faction has to have it, I'm glad it is RES that has it.

Has anyone from the bike squad commented about not riding the busses? Gotta be honest, I was a bit upset when I was informed of this. Most of the anomaly, I was alone, wandering around for UPHs and media. There were a few times when I was instructed to help at a specific area. I can't help feeling disconnected from my teammates. I know this Chicago was way out in left field compared to other anomalys. Therefore the strategies would have to be "out there " as well. Any comments?

I did have an absolute blast biking all over the playbox. Humble brag: I had 155 UPHs, 96th percentile.

Yeah, bikes on buses just wasn't an option. Sorry for disappointing there. Many RES players on foot also didn't make it on a bus. We could have had more buses, but I think it would've been counterproductive overall.

Bike folks have the most fun at anomalies! And don't be humble about that UPH count! 155 is great!

Also, this entire platform is a nightmare without threads.

Quoting seems to be working well enough now that I've figured it out.

• > Bike folks have the most fun at anomalies! And don't be humble about that UPH count! 155 is great!

Yup! Bike team best team.

FWIW, we figured out multiple busses fairly early, but the early assumption was that Hank was on one of them. Ended up chasing a wedding party on a different charter bus for a while. Ah well, calories burned. Gotta love them.

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

@IllIllIlllIIIll

FWIW, we figured out multiple busses fairly early, but the early assumption was that Hank was on one of them. Ended up chasing a wedding party on a different charter bus for a while. Ah well, calories burned. Gotta love them.

Ha! That's a fun story. I wonder if the wedding party noticed you and wondered what the heck was going on! :-)

• CriminalBizzyCriminalBizzy ✭✭✭✭

They added a quote button that appears to embed the comment in the my comment

• > Ha! That's a fun story. I wonder if the wedding party noticed you and wondered what the heck was going on! :-)

Nah once we saw it was a wedding party we rode on and kept scouring. Rode up to to one of the busses at a dropoff point. Good team lead protocols btw. Very Disciplined.

This forum software is annoying as heck, 'no posting links' includes quotes.

• @chibri , which one of the Hogwarts houses will you be turning into vortex of hatred and cheating like the UCR? #blamechibri

• RuinDigRuinDig ✭✭✭

@chibri How many patterns of clothes did you prepared for Hank Prime?

• Hi @chibri are you a bot or a real person?

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭
  • You cannot win anomalies by bus or car everywhere in North America and even less in Europe and Asia. ENL is whining as if they have never used motorized transportation before.

If #moneyball was a key advantage wouldn't a minimal contribution from ENL agents who outnumber RES in NA anomalies be used everywhere?

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

I wonder if you are mixing up #paytowin and #moneyball ... Quoting myself from earlier:

#moneyball is quite the opposite of #paytowin. Please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moneyball (And read the book, too!) I think I can put it this way: Moneyball is about finding the best way to use limited resources against an opponent with more resources.

• no issue here with not being on the bus... I finally learned that Chicago is a very bikeable city... And there were things to do while others were on the bus. So - yes - cycling at anomaly was (again) a lot of fun!

• GreebzGreebz ✭✭

I don't have a question, I'm just disappointed we didn't get a hat...

• chibrichibri ✭✭✭✭

I wish I'd gotten more to the EU, especially one to the Bristol anomaly.