Gameplay Feedback - Request Portal Scan Tutorial
I request that a scan tutorial be added to the game. I know there is one which I found here:
But I think that agents attempting to submit scans would benefit from a tutorial viewed before their first scan. That way, agents will know what constitutes a good scan and what should be avoided. When I think of it, the following questions came to my mind when scanning:
1) How should an agent move when scanning portals? From reading the tutorial, I learned that the following movements are ok:
- Moving parallel to the portal
- Moving in an orbit while keeping the portal in frame. (Circle strafing the portal, if you will)
- Starting from a distance away from a portal, then moving close up.
Further the following movement should be avoided:
- Standing still and moving the camera in an arc.
Can agents get creative with how they move? For example, could an agent start with a movement that is like an orbit, then get close up and move parallel to a wall? Or, could an agent make a scan by starting at a low position and moving vertically up?
2) What if a portal marks two or more objects? For instance, let's say the portal marks two murals that are on different walls. These walls are over 5 feet apart. Is it ok to scan each object separately?
3) Should agents scan signs that contain written information?
4) What if a portal marks a mostly empty space? A good example might be a portal marking a playground or a baseball diamond.
5) Can the camera be held horizontally to capture a wider area?