Ingress 2.57.2 Release Notes
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
edited October 2020 in Release Notes
• Intel Map now displays Filters on mobile so Agents can quickly view Portals by Faction control (Enlightened; Resistance; Neutral) and toggle Link and Field visibility.
• Fixed: Missing Ingress logo in Battery Saver Mode.
• Fixed: Only 2 lines of text displayed on mission waypoint descriptions.
• Fixed: Broken NL-1331X Avatar image in item Store.
• Fixed: Missing German, Italian, Czech translations on Main Menu and in Settings.
Post edited by NianticCasey on
What has Intel to do with update of Prime. Way have intel in changelog for update Prime? @NianticBrian
Give us 60 fps mode, pls!
Others changes will be great
Well, because they want people to use their tool instead of IITC
Niantic have 60FPS on to do list say @NianticBrian we can now only wait for update when Prime get 60FPS
It would actually be really nice to access intel directly from the scanner itself, not a browser.
Intel Map: The filter becomes hidden when zooming out which made sense when the filter was only used to filter portals based on portal level. But now that we can show/hide links/fields, it makes no sense to hide the filter while zoomed out.
More nice if Niantic relese own app of Intel.
@jontebula we push server updates prior to the client or mobile app updates, and they're grouped together as part of one technical sprint or 2 weeks' development time. We haven't separated release notes or changelogs for server and client in the past, and instead grouped them together in one place or one post.
@NianticBrian any chance that either this update or next will include Halloween themed Avatars?
And other holiday flavoured UI things?
No progress on making the in game activity log usable? Or the terrible memory leak which causes your whole phone to slow down unless app regularly restarted?
Don't need another app that has to be constantly maintained by.
The Web based Intel is already natively cross platform
Can you please push for Niantic to relese app of Intel. Make it easy for agents stop use IITC.
Intel is already easier, simpler and faster than iitc.
The intel lacks a direct link to it inside the scanner (like the community and event already have).
Hope we can see agents on Intel map soon. When we get new UI follow Prime UI? Now Intel Map follow old UI REDACTED had. @NianticBrian
So, the updated version of Ingress Intel Map to Ingress Prime!!!
@NianticBrian, as I saw a vision of the future about the 8th anniversary celebration of Ingress, a new design medal and Double or Quadruple AP Points are coming for the next month!!
And even, a new Halloween-themed version of "Ingress Prime" as "Halloweengress Prime" are finally arrived!!
And a new Holiday-themed version of "Ingress Prime" as "Ingress Prime of Christmas" are coming.........
And coming next year, the revolution of Ingress has begun!!!! And the coronavirus pandemic has come to an end in this year!!!
And remember, "Ingress Prime" is NOT just a game, it's REAL!!!!
Talking of the intel map.... It would be useful if you could filter portals that are about to die. 25% is not enough, add a 10%???
Please make Intel mobile adapted soon. Very bad now for mobile when not mobile adapted.
As much as the additional filters are something long overdue, the two features of the Intel map that we're still missing are:
not many interesting fixes.. still waiting for comm / link bug fixed.
I love vanilla Intel because it's the last remaining artifact from the original version which brings backs memories, that bring back memories! LoL TY 🙏🏼 for the updates!🤙🏼🍻🐿️#shipit
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
9. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
10. COMMs now don't go to the last activity, seem to be stuck at the beginning of a previous day. I have to manually scroll down, but when I exit COMMs and go back in, I'm again somewhere in the middle and not in the most recent activity.
11. Incorrect photo zoom/view. Keys don't properly show portrait photos, full screen photos don't properly show landscape photos. Also, Redacted had ability to rotate screen when viewing photos so both landscape and portrait photos can be viewed full screen.
12. Drone view doesn't show all the portals in the vicinity - some portals are not visible even though they are the same distance or closer to drone than other portals that are visible. Would be nice to know exactly how drones work without any guesses and tests.
13. When going into portals that are close to the edge of the screen and then going out, those portals disappear from view. If they have links on them, I can still see all the links converging at one point, but portal is no longer visible.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
5. No portal navigation like in Redacted.
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
5. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
6. *supposedly fixed* When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
7. *supposedly fixed* Can't reply to a player of the same faction in Cross-faction COMMs just by selecting Reply option. It goes to Faction COMMs, and selecting Cross-faction removes @<agent name>. Have to copy agent's name in Faction COMMs and then paste it to Cross-faction COMMs.
It's also dog slow.
Yes! Intel are slow and we cant see agents on Intel Map. I hope Niantic relese app soon. If agents like Intel lots of agents stop use IITC. Now the answer are lots of agents use IITC and dont like Intel. Read and see lots of agents here on community or Telegram use IITC.
Interestingly, I have been finding it hella fast, since the optimisations.
You might need to raise a support ticket, might be a device or network issue
I use Google Chrome as my mobile browser on Android Q
Test new Firefox. Faster and mutch safer browser. Not selling data and block lots of things when switch from standard to stricly on the shield.
STILL no fix yet for the speedlock-upon-resume bug that's persisted for damn near a year and a half now?? Or is it now deemed "OK" by Niantic to be speedlocked just because you open your game back up after driving an hour with it minimized or paused, and it still thinks you are momentarily 60 miles back where you last used your game. Can't believe Niantic keeps kicking that can down the road. Disgusting.
its never a good idea driving and not having the game fully closed, but i thought they fixed this long ago?
It actually doesn't matter if the app is closed or not, speed lock still doesn't disengage.
As long as the last action wasn't above speedlock speed.