(Re-) Embracing the Real World

PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Several of the Ingress bonuses and tweaks due to COVID are ceasing from October 1st. How do you feel about it? Hoped they’d carry on? Happy they’re ending?

Tagged:

Comments

• TooLegitToExistTooLegitToExist ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Only 1 i would really care about is the 90s cooldown. That is the most important QOL in a social,distancing civilization.

• kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic giveth, Niantic taketh away.

• 65Ap/portal recharge to stay. I'm fine with it.

• I have preferences for the double deploy that have nothing to do with Covid, but if the norm is still going to be 1 R8, I'm happy to get back to it sooner rather than later.

Ingress can be played without having to **** other passersby, so there needs to be more focus on actually playing, so that we can rebuild the activity levels of the game and get people back into it.

• The sojourner recharge removal is a good change though it doesn't get people out more because of drones, but it does simplify things.
    • I don't think the mission limit should ever be reduced. There's no real logic behind the limit, and people just either use friend's accounts or keep deleting old missions to make new ones.
    • And L10s reviewing in Wayfarer should be default too.
  • kiloecholimakiloecholima ✭✭✭✭✭

I also don't like the mission limit. I'm getting pretty close myself to the limit and I have ideas for more banners. But I'd have to make some hard decisions about which banners might have to be pulled down, or see if another agent would be willing to make it for me. I think the only way it would make sense to have a limit is if Niantic plans to monetize it. "Pay 5,000 CMU to expand your limit by 20" or something.

• No one needs 8 agents to make a L8 portal to get L8 stuff, two agents can make a L7 portal with Ito- or Ito+ and get it all.

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Walking around and buffing portals as you go as a solo player still yields usable gear from P7s, while still being safe

• I also didn’t appreciate the lack of notice that was given, less than two days before these drastic changes to gameplay go live isn’t great for my anxiety

I agree with you about the lack of notice given; however, these changes are hardly drastic. You said so yourself that the bonuses were temporary.

Ingress, and other PvP games, may not be the best form of entertainment for you if you have anxiety problems.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2020

Niantic isnt forcing People to play together of 8 building p8, thats under ideal conditions just because u can only deploy 1 r8 doesnt say u must play with 7 other agents at the same time. Events are still on hold FS is still being held virtual and they keep the 90s hack cooldowns so u still dont have to wait long between hacks. The double r8 lasted too long if it would last through the entire year ut would have started to feel like this is a perm thing and blink of an eye u can build p8 they started to lose its value a little, not like end of world if u cant get a portal to p8 its just ideal to get it.

What we do need is some Virtual global challenge to take off minds of the normal gameplay and not force ppl out but still play from home safely.

• gazzas89gazzas89 ✭✭✭✭✭

While I understand the thought process behind the bonuses being cut back, the logic for it doesn't make sense, for example, yes, during gonfest, we walked a lot, buuuut, that was when the virus was under control in the middle of summer, we are moving towards winter, with he second wave already hitting or about to hit many countries while others haven't even left the first, surely it would have been better to leave the bonuses intact for the rest of the year, till the virus is either back under control or a vaccine/treatment is ready?

• Get 8 players together to create a lvl8 portal? They don't have to go together, even if they go with 2-3 hours or even days in between it's still no problem...

• SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I am for the changes. Whilst I will miss the extra 8 it's no big deal and an interesting change.

Please remember, in some areas it's going into winter, and some are coming out of it. Some are under COVID restrictions and some regions are COVID free.

A lot of players were asking for the extra 8s to go. Niantic have done it. No big deal.

• Better solution was:

8, 8, 7, 6, 5, 5, 4, 4

So one player can only build L5, 2 already L7 and 4 players L8

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

Nintendo Life now has an article up about the Pokémon GO (yes boo, I know) bonuses being stopped & the outcry on social media. I know Ingress doesn’t have as much pull these days but if Niantic are pushed to rethink their decision on Pokémon GO, they may have to do it everywhere.

• I very much doubt they will reverse it.

The game doesn't work with people sitting at home. Neither does Ingress. The whole point is to get out. This is just people demanding things be easier.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

The people complaining about the temporary changes going away in that Pokemon go arrival are really just acting like entitled brats.

• CalistoCalisto ✭✭
    edited September 2020

D*ath toll worldwide hit 1mio ppl, infection numbers are as high as never.

And Niantic decides the measures introduced to keep players save need to end. How stupid is this?