Updates to temporary in-game changes on Thurs, Oct 1
Earlier today, Niantic shared a “(Re-)Embracing the Real World” blog post that explains our game teams’ thoughts on playing outside safely. Like other Niantic games, Ingress is also announcing changes to temporary adjustments we made earlier this year. Starting October 1, 2020 at 1:00 PM PDT (20:00 UTC), the following features will be updated:
- Portal recharge will not count as a Portal hack towards the Sojourner daily hack streak. Agents can hack Portals or Drone hack towards their daily hack streaks.
- Agents can deploy 1 Level 8 Resonator per Portal. Agents can continue to double deploy L7 Resonators. For example, an L8 Agent can deploy 8-7-7-6-6-5-5-4.
- Agents earn 1 credit for 1 Wayfarer agreement towards the Recon medal.
The following features remain unchanged and will continue onward:
- Agents can deploy 2 L7 Resonators per Portal.
- Portal cooldown between hacks is 90 seconds.
- Portal recharge earns 65 AP.
- Dronenet enables Agents to hack a Portal from anywhere.
- Agents can submit 180 missions.
- L10 Agents can review Wayspots with Wayfarer.
- L8 Agents on ARCore-supported devices can submit Portal Scans.
Additionally, First Saturday events continue in the virtual format via messaging or video conferencing apps. We are continuously monitoring the ever-evolving global situation and are working hard to reschedule previously planned live events to 2021. Please stay tuned to our official channels to stay up-to-date on any rescheduling announcements.
As always, we encourage players to follow local health and safety guidelines (such as wearing masks and keeping at least six feet of distance from other people).
— The Ingress Team