Can someone explain to me why this is accepted? / Alguien puede explicarme por qué se acepta esto?

Giosoak24Giosoak24 ✭✭

English Version:

Recently, my friends and I saw performances that we did not find appropriate. All good, we continued to qualify following the rules and guidelines that WayFarer indicates and we take it as an isolated case.

Now, we are constantly rating proposals that according to the platform's guidelines should be rejected, but by being rated in that way only affect our performance of the page, being those affected by agents who follow the rules to the letter, such as our own intel map.

I would like to mention that this type of presentation does not come from active ingress players, but from Pokémon Go players, using multiple ingress accounts sending the exact same presentation or, legal Pokémon Go players who want a gym / Pokestop close to home . Although there is the possibility of choosing "Duplicate" the proposals go on and on.

So I set about investigating more about how and why it is that these kinds of terrible proposals are constantly coming out and the origin of them.

My first result was a Facebook video where he explains that a player from the municipality of Florencia, Colombia sent a terrible ACCEPTED proposal and his argument was "there are no points of interest where they live." This person shows the process of how he painted a lamppost, drawing the pokémon Articuno and that a day later, it comes out as valid and encourages more players to do it.

Browsing twitter, I met a "Youtuber" from Monterrey called "@s0noroman" and in a post he says "And this is how a Pokéstop arrives at your house. Via Sector K." with a couple of painted lamp posts. Immediately afterwards, a user of this social network called "@****_ED_" exposes the reasons why these types of proposals are badly evaluated.

A screenshot of a Facebook group was also leaked where a player asks that her proposal be accepted.

"When you don't have any points of interest near your house, that's how you paint a Pikachu

FB: Santiago Monroy

PS: If you see it, accept it! "

I do not fully understand the subject of gyms or pokestops, but I think that total sense of the game is lost if everything is wanted close to home.

I do not know if Niantic can do something about it, I speak as an Ingress player who is tired of this type of proposal, tired of qualifying the best possible and continuing to have my rating in red, tired of not being able to do anything, because the players of Pokémon Go does not want to do the exam where it explains how and why to rate a portal / gym / pokestop and they send proposals of that style.

There are rumors that there is a "manual" on how to pass the WayFarer exam regardless of the variants that exist, there are also manuals on how to send the same proposals in different accounts (Ingress and Pokémon Go)

Not all Pokémon Go players are bad, I understand that there are players who want to go out and play and do their best to follow the rules of the game while respecting the game, I just express my feelings.

Versión en Español:

Recientemente, mis amigos y yo veíamos presentaciones que no nos parecían adecuadas. Todo bien, seguíamos calificando siguiendo las reglas y lineamientos que WayFarer indica y lo tomamos como un caso aislado.

Ahora, estamos calificando constantemente propuestas que según los lineamientos de la plataforma deberían ser rechazados pero al ser calificados de esa manera sólo afectan a nuestro rendimiento de la página, siendo los afectados los agentes que seguimos al pie de la letra las reglas, como el propio mapa de intel.

Quisiera mencionar que éste tipo de presentaciones no vienen de jugadores activos de Ingress, si no de jugadores de Pokémon Go, usando múltiples cuentas de Ingress mandando exactamente la misma presentación ó bien, jugadores legales de Pokémon Go que quieren un gimnasio/Pokestop cerca de casa. Aunque existe la posibilidad de elegir "Duplicado" las propuestas siguen y siguen.

Así que me puse a la tarea de investigar más acerca de cómo y porqué es que ése tipo de pésimas propuestas salen constantemente y el origen de las mismas.

Mi primer resultado fue un video de Facebook donde explica que un jugador del municipio de Florencia, Colombia mandó una pésima propuesta ACEPTADA y su argumento fue "no hay puntos de interés donde viven". Ésta persona muestra el proceso de como pintó un poste de luz, dibujando al pokémon Articuno y que un día después, sale como válida y fomenta a que más jugadores lo hagan.

Navegando por twitter, me encontré con un "Youtuber" de Monterrey llamado "@s0noroman" y el en una publicación dice "Y así es como llega una Pokéstop a tu casa. Vía Sector K." con un par de postes de luz pintados. Acto seguido, un usuario de ésta red social llamado "@****_ED_" expone las razones del porqué ese tipo de propuestas están mal evaluadas.

También se filtró una captura de pantalla de un grupo de Facebook donde un jugador pide que sea aceptada su propuesta

"Cuando no tienes ningún punto de interés cerca de tu casa, así pintas un Pikachu

FB: Santiago Monroy

PD: Si la ven, acéptenla!"

Yo no entiendo completamente el tema de los gimnasios ni las pokestops, pero considero que se pierde total sentido del juego si todo lo quieren cerca de su casa.

Desconozco si Niantic pueda hacer algo al respecto, yo hablo como un jugador de Ingress que está cansado de éste tipo de propuestas, cansado de calificar lo mejor posible y seguir teniendo mi calificación en rojo, cansado de no poder hacer nada, porque los jugadores de Pokémon Go no quieren hacer el exámen donde explica el como y porqué calificar un portal/gimnasio/pokestop y mandan propuestas de ése estilo.

Hay rumores de que hay un "manual" de como pasar el exámen de WayFarer sin importar las variantes que existan, también se mencionan manuales de como mandar las mismas propuestas en diferentes cuentas (Ingress y Pokémon Go)

No todos los jugadores de Pokémon Go son malos, entiendo que existen jugadores que quieren salir a jugar y hacen lo posible por seguir las reglas del juego respetando la forma de juego, sólo expreso mi sentir.

Answers

• JimboMXJimboMX ✭✭✭

While some might consider this "Street Art", depending on the country, this is considered VANDALISM and is sanctioned by the local authorities.

The "poles" sometimes are owned by municipality or by the private sector (energy/phone/cable companies) and its their infrastructure that is being "vandalized".

Also... aren´t those characters protected by copyright?

In my Opinion, this kind of proposals should not be accepted.

I await for @NianticBrian or someone else to clarify.

• BlackSnak396BlackSnak396 ✭✭
    edited August 28

Pokémon players have brought out their artistic skills to get a poke stop at home, there are some that are worth being approved and others unfortunately not, because they do not meet the qualification requirements. But how do they come to be accepted?

As there is a greater number of Pokemon players qualifying in wayfarer, they can get those proposals accepted easily since they request help in Facebook groups, WhatsApp, etc. and the other players will provide that "help".

I leave you a clear example of that.

False mural approval, where we can appreciate the assembly of a cut-out drawing.