New Missions Submission Backlog

1235»

Comments

• It's too bad they can't give us more specific reasons for rejections. At least remove the "and/or" reasons and they won't have to review as much.

• I agree. Help us know what we can improve and there will be higher quality edits and future submissions.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2020

I'm going to go through and edit my descriptions I guess. My banner had art from a local artist with quotes from famous people about life and the human condition. Will change it to talk about a "tour" of the local city and something more generic. Will also see if wait times are down or we're still at 60 days.

edit: I've put in the first six. Day 0

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • 2 approved, 22 rejected here. Very discouraging.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Must be less ppl that review seems not much has changed after summer things still take months.

Anyone had some of these move through in less than 45-60 days? Is this the new normal?

Still nothing from Niantic on this....

• Banner submitted on 7 Sep has had 15 of the 18 approved in past week. No rejections. I submitted three halloween banners in mid to late August. Still have one mission in each pending review.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

so if someone wants submit a banner for xmas/new year now is the time if its gonna take 2 months it will be tight...

• vidiconvidicon ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2020

Another data point: Submitted 18-mission banner September 23, 17 missions accepted, 1 rejected November 4.

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

7 Missions submitted 20th September all approved overnight, looks like the backlog is being dealt with pretty quickly from the limited data points I have, which is good.

• I think I've read all of the comments in this thread, although I might have missed one or two - am I the only one who thinks that maybe the current global pandemic has affected the numbers of Niantic staff able to work on non-essential areas of the game, like mission reviews? Considering Niantic have made changes to all of their games to help people play safely, I'd be incredibly surprised if working practices hadn't changed as well.

• I've been working from home since March and its been the most productive 3 quarters my company has ever had. Unless their staff is getting sick or quitting they should be able to work just as well from home. All you need is a computer to review missions. I'd love to give them the benefit of the doubt but I cant imagine how the pandemic could be affecting them based on the nature of the job.

Would be sweet if they could give us a little communication on the whole thing, but nearing a sixth page without a peep and I’m not about to start holding my breath..

edited November 2020

Submitted six on 10.28

Three were approved this morning

One was rejected because of one of the following.

• Text or images that reveal information about your identity or another player's identity, including (but not limited to) real names, phone numbers, addresses, etc.
    • An image with identifiable people or faces
    • Full or partial codenames/Agent names (e.g., "Mission idea from @neo" or "this is neo's favorite lunch spot," etc.)
    • Clues or passphrases that require contacting a certain person to get the answer

Images are almost the same. Mission is all hacking and one capture/upgrade point.

edit: Looks like the turnaround time is getting better, but seems like getting these missions through is more of an issue.

Post edited by ZeroHecksGiven on
  • Submitted six on 6 November. All six approved this morning (12 Nov).

• My big ask is what is the point when I submit an 18 mission banner that 1 mission gets approved and it's 2/18? There's no words in the image so no single letters and the image itself is from a 1600's broadsheet so I'm pretty sure any copyright that ever existed has long, long since expired.

That's what I'm struggling with right now, some are being approved, some rejected and I feel bad for anyone who might see the first mission and start it, only to find out the other 18 aren't approved. Especially because there is no way to edit the first one to say, mission in construction, do not start or at least "hide" a mission until all are approved.

I would almost think that banner missions should be linked together and if one is down, they're all down. I definitely got hit with one visiting Boise a couple months back. 4/18 was missing.

• I was having missions routinely rejected on image issues. Now, I've running a Google Image Search on every photo I'm considering for a banner. If the results doesn't provide the pic as 'royalty free' or otherwise available for free use, I go to a different pic. Since August, I have used image search on six banners — a total of 48 missions — without a single rejection. On two other banners (12 missions total) I have had two on each rejected for image. While the complete banner pic returned royalty free, I did a search on the specific slices that were rejected and found where the image had been used by other sources, but no indication they were available for free use. I use pixabay.com as a source for royalty free artwork.

• jbsggjbsgg ✭✭
    edited November 2020

Submitted 5 Christmas banners (total of 30 missions) on 9 and 10 November. Received approvals today for 8 (17 Nov) but also 12 rejections for 'image'. Used royalty free artwork from pixabay. Frustrating!

• I have had a much better response time in my missions being accepted or rejected as well. I've recently had a 36 that took just under two weeks and a 24 that took a week.

I've also had an 18 that was accepted except for #9 and #11 which were rejected without any clear reasons. The image is a photo that i took myself. I've resliced the banner and sent in edits for the whole which have returned promptly and #9 was accepted but #11 was rejected again. The email responses are very vague and that is frustrating. If you were given a more detailed reasoning, you could address the concern.

I sent in one of my rejections without any changes (if I remember right) and it was approved. I'd just send it back in.

The last 8 I sent in for my banner missions were approved in five days, sent the remaining 12 in this morning. Hopeful they'll be approved soon

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting on review of a banner from July 22, 2020.

Its difficult to make banners that are timely with such slow reviews.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, that's odd. My last group of 12 missions were reviewed in less than a week

• Starting to look good on mission reviews... Submitted a 6-tile banner on Monday afternoon; four were approved by Tuesday morning with the remaining two approved today. I had previously submitted two 12-tile banners on Nov 25 and all were approved by Dec 1.