Scout Controller Badge tier requirements ridiculously high

Comments

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭

I guess no answer is our answer. 😶

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

guess nothin is decided yet.. just wait

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Scout and scout controller goals are swapped.

• PangarbanPangarban ✭✭✭✭✭
  • 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Also, also!!!

I want the following feature added.

I have a good enough memory. I can remember which neighbourhoods I have previously visited and can take a good guess whether I capped the portals in the area before, but I certainly can't remember caps, hack, and scans.

I want a feature, similar to the ring around the pokestop, which indicates whether a portal has been captured, hacked, and scanned by me previously. Like a tiny little icon indicating each when you click on a specific portal.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

They need switch to the newer servers for such features but i agree we need it visual like pogo has.

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭✭✭

I would so love this feature. I doubt I’ll go much beyond the silver scout badge without it as I’ve got no idea once this first 30 days is up

• Thank you. I thought that was the case but couldn't say for definite sin e I'm the only player in my town that's interested in scanning, and at 228 points on Scout Controller, I'm gettinf very close to running out of uniques to scan.

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Here's a case study in why the current tiers are unobtainable...

...Two US states. 5 towns. 5 hours. 11km walked. 169 uniques captured/hacked. 129 scout controller. And only 183k AP. Then this:

And now, for the next two weeks, I cannot submit any more scans even if I'm in a position to do so. Sadly, to date I've only come across one other player contributing scans. Everyone else I talk to says they're not interested because it's too much work to unlock the badge and there are no other perks.

I’ve only seen one other name pop up several times in my area. otherwise, doesn’t seem to be much interest.

I completed the silver badge for scout controller and have stopped with that one. Figure I’ll hit gold on the regular scout badge since I’m kinda close now, though, I’ll just scan stuff nearby that I think might look cool.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish i could hide this badge from my scanner, i have no interest in it.. i want play the game not scan portals that does nothing to the gameplay for the team or MU scores...

edited August 2020

@Naruwasher it's gonna be revised in 6 months when everyone stop scanning again, for now there's a lot doing it just to unloack the bronze (some are even borrowing better smartphones from friends just to do it).

• CliffMCliffM ✭✭✭✭✭

Same boat, Onyx in every category except Connector, but I will not be unlocking this badge.

Make it worthwhile - add AP (more AP for longer scans), recalibrate the levels, and get rid of 200 scan cap, and I might do both Scout and Scout Controller. As it is now, not a chance I am doing either.

This does nothing for Gameplay, nothing for Ingress, and doesn't help my team win cycles.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

6 months? For Niantic to revise something? That's like saying the pandemic will be over in a month and the world will return to normal. It took them over a year to fix the mission creator tool. They have been "working" on the mysterious Wayfarer bug since March that is causing reviewer ratings to drop to poor. They may eventually release some major benefits to PoGo players to get them to do scans but they won't do anything for Ingress players. Harsh reality!

• PikaMagicaelaPikaMagicaela ✭✭
    edited August 2020

There is a building near me that is clearly a full-time nursery in a substantial part of it, but actually has not one but two portals ingame. I've reported it without success. So I will just keep scanning it, with the two signs saying 'nursery' clearly visible on each scan, in the hope that one day, someone notices.

Post edited by PikaMagicaela on
  • PikaMagicaelaPikaMagicaela ✭✭
    edited August 2020

There is another portal which purports to be a ruin, but is in fact a collection of sad gravestones in a working cemetery. The ruin in the photo doesn't exist anywhere in the cemetery, I've looked. So again, I just scan the poor gravestones, taking care obviously not to do so during any of the frequent burials taking place right next to this purported ruin throughout the day, and hope someone notices one day. This new 3d map VR creation actually could work out to be an extremely useful corrective tool to some of the in-game anomalies, in the long run! So I think it is fantastic and I hope the Scout and Controller medals make their way into PoGo eventually.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

A mixed faction scout controller leaderboard that updates on the cycles might motivate agents too

edited August 2020

That was about the time they taked to realize nobody liked regular scanning and decided to create a new badge for it. Maybe next year we will get the third badge scanning related.

• What they'll do is introduce some sort of new incentive, like AP, but my money is on the prediction that it won't be retroactive for those of us who have already been scanning (as scout controller wasn't) and will be met by lackluster player response leading to a tiny bump in scans submitted which will quickly drop off again.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Ap isn't good enough. Too many level 16 agents who don't need it. It needs a real game effect like MU modifier.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

New gameplay has been needed for a while and I know that's a whole other discussion.

It would be great to hear that it's at least still being looked for revising. @NianticBrian

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Ditto. #ForeverLocked like poorly designed #Recruiter badge.

Scanning doesn't help game play, no AP given, just a bunch of time used, along with a ton more data usage to upload the scans.

And I have the Onyx Connector badge. I'm willing to throw over 100,000 links, but not do a single Scan of a portal. Then again, I rarely even submit portals anymore, due to the newer way to submit, where about 50% of the time it fails to even submit the portal. Not worth the time, and if I want to visit new portals, plenty of parks with a bazillion and one sports fields or sign portals to hit up.

• NaruwasherNaruwasher ✭✭✭✭✭

@ace @ofer2 We have gotten complete silence from @NianticBrian on this topic. Perhaps either of you might be helpful and if you could please let us know that if there are any plans to revise the Scout Controller requirements to something realistic (as suggested by multiple agents) than have numbers drawn from the toss of a dice? Thanks!

At this point, I would even just love to see some beta screens/video of how this may or may not be used in Ingress. That could motivate me a little, at least locally for the portals I frequently interact with.

But the overall thing for me is that there is currently 0 rewards for my efforts and it's quite time consuming. So both of those for something I don't even know what the end result is, well, low interest level.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Its lowered to 12,000 onyx.. read the relase notes for next version.

Please note that in an upcoming release (after 2.54.1), we're working to reduce Portal Scan encoding time; reduce Portal Scan file size; and reduce the Scout Controller Onyx tier to 12,000 Unique Portals.