Ingress 2.51.1 Release Notes

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Niantic can easy resolve all fake portal scans with limit distance to portal say minium 2 meters from portals. I hope @NianticBrian help us fix the limit before relese 2.51.1

• MinusFiveMinusFive ✭✭✭

@MadRelique I'm glad it was said on your side of the isle first. 🤣

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Guardian hunting won't be a thing with Scout Controller, since you don't need to hold the Controller status to get points for the badge. Having the Controller status is kinda like owning the portal itself, someone can just come and take it but it won't affect your Pioneer badge.

• Torron54Torron54 ✭✭✭

Either lower the tier or nobody scans. We don't pay as much as POGO players but our time is as valuable as anyone else's. Or maybe just push the subscription so we can pay to have the dignity we deserve.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Is it possible that medal tiers can be adjusted? I don't want to go off tangent of the discussion but onyx seer was 10x more than platinum seer. Portal Nominations seem to be the closest thing to Portal Scans as there's a forced limit every 14 days and it involved interacting with the world much more than a portal capture.

Is there any possibility to evaluate the data of portal nominations when they returned since 2017 with OPR? This could bring back the incentive of Seer for all players while having realistic adjusted tiers that still factor quality over quantity. It's one of the few ways I can see the badge come back. I gave up on the math to figure its maximum potential (14 submissions every 13 days) but I think it's already over 1k (I also factored in the time where you could submit up to 28 every 13 days). Just some two cents for thoughts.

TLDR: Looking at Portal Nominations might give similar results to Portal Scans. The paragraph about Seer is not necessary but figured to bring up incentives.

• MadReliqueMadRelique ✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Guardian Hunting is the closest analogy I could come up with since its data that can be scraped and because doesn't match "Photo warring" (even though by knowing someone's scan total you can do a low grade war with someone if they are dead set on being the total owner of a portal. But the certainty only really exists for maybe the first few months or for portals with low number of scans) .

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

Psst, his original account is goliadtx. NianticBrian is just his separate Niantic one

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

@MoogModular @oscarc1

I actually don't think it's that goliadtx either, on his Twitter there are screenshots with a profile named GPC2C.

NianticBrian is just an account used for forum, it looks like it is also used for the medal screenshots when a new Archives medal is available.

• ikaros02ikaros02 ✭✭✭✭

Since the update won't be coming right away, could we please get a sneak peek of the medal design?

I'm curious about how it looks.