Drone Mission Day
This is just my idea to expand the use of a drone. This is also to encourage Agents who have no access or have travel limitations to attend a Mission Day with the hopes that those Agents one day could attend one in person. This is NOT intended as a spoofing event. It is for educational purposes as all Mission days are. By providing the listed restrictions below the drones can do the following:
- Click on Event button in game to show Mission Day link. By clicking on the link it will take your drone to the first portal of the Mission day location.
- Mission Day Playbox - Limits area of where drones can go and prevents drones from going outside the boundaries.
- Remove jump timer while in the playbox from 1 hour to a 2 minute timer (gives time to read historical references).
- Hacking produces only Media. The media is linked to a website that tells about the historical location that the portal is at, similar to a Field Trip Waypoint or could use Field Trip as the information given.
- Hacking any portal within the orange ring (Area of Influence) of the drone can only be done inside the playbox (allows hacking portals that drones are not on top of).
- Portal jumps and hacks will count as unique visits/hacks if the drone was never at the portal before.
- Credit will be given for 6 completed missions, but must maintain the media until credit has been given (missing media equals no MD credit).
Like I said that this is just an Idea that I have for using the drones. Niantic could set up a Mission day Playbox that everyone from around the world could visit with the use of a drone. As long as the Pandemic is in effect, it will be hard to see just how long not having other community events will hurt the game. Virtual IFS was a wonderful and great Idea, so kuddos for whoever presented the idea. This is just another Virtual Event that could be implemented.
Lets hear some feedback or add ideas to this!