Ingress is stuck on spinning Earth animation when Phone connection sharing is ON.
edited July 2020 in App Feedback (Archive)
Ingress is stuck on spinning Earth animation when Ingress not used for last 5-10 minutes and connection sharing is ON.
- 1. Turn Phone connection sharing ON (Mobile Hotspot)
- 2. Start Ingress -> Ingress is stuck on spinning Earth animation
- 3. Close Ingress
- 4. Reopen Ingress -> Ingress opens now ok
- 5. Close Ingress
- 6. Do not open Ingress for 5-10 minutes
- 7. Start Ingress -> Ingress is stuck on spinning Earth animation
- 8. Close Ingress
- 9. Reopen Ingress -> Ingress opens now ok
- 10. Go to step 5.
Samsung S8 Android 9 2.50.1
Post edited by HopeaKotka on
This is due to you having marginal GNSS signal. When you are running hotspot, the wifi (which is ordinarily the backup in case GNSS lock can't be achieved) can't be used for location purposes.
I see this from time to time as well on an older phone. It's less prevalent on phones that support additional GNSS systems like GLONASS and QZSS.
I have the same problem with my OnePlus 7 pro whenever I do not have a clear view of the sky and Google Location Accuracy is turned off. The problem is that if Google Location Accuracy is enabled on this phone, it is anything bit accurate and I am constantly getting speed locked because it will have me moving all over the place. It's funny how the OnePlus 6 never had that problem.