Ingress 2.50.1 Release Notes
NianticOfficial Niantic › admin
- Dronenet improvements: See Drone Mark I in Drone Footage view, and watch it travel to its Target Portal. Note that only you can view your own Mark I; it isn’t visible to other Agents.
- Moved the Main Menu button down closer to the bottom screen edge to prioritize viewing more of the map screen.
- Fixed: Reduced the intensity of Rainbow XM, which should help improve Portal visibility, especially in densely populated areas.
- Fixed: The
MOVEbutton is automatically re-enabled in Drone Footage view when Mark I cooldown ends.
- Fixed: Fixed any order missions so Agents can complete mission waypoints in any order. Portal indicators will display on all mission waypoints in view.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give 60fps mode
Will we have to wait to hack until the drone is at the portal or is it just a visual effect?
@InvestigateXM seeing Mark I is a visual update, with new UI when selecting a Target Portal:
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give 60fps mode
and while at it
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give XM customization options purchaseable in the store
and thanks for the Archives medal ^^
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give 60fps mode
And fix no new achievement medal screen on iPhone
A small detail but greatly welcome, thanks. But I feel like it could go even further.
And what about raising the top bar too? This is one that can be at 0px away from screen limits.
Cute. How about we start seeing our own actions in comms? And why push an update for rainbow xm, it lasts till 30th of June... we’re not going to get the update before that probably..
1. Sorting by name still doesn't work. Only works once after the game is started and you go to keys. Exit keys, or move around, or hack something, and sorting by name will not work anymore until the game is restarted.
2. Sorting by distance also doesn't work properly. It seems that the key it uses for reference needs to be at the top and off screen. (I think we need a carousel so that the game knows which portal is selected, which should fix both issues. Why did they remove the carousel just for keys?)
3. "XM reserves critical, XM drained, scanner offline, resonators recharged, XM acquired, XM reserves online, scanner online, good work" when charging.
4. When charging portals, sometimes they are not shown on the screen.
5. Magnetic arrow on devices without compass doesn't point North. Instead, the avatar is rotated when map is rotated. Need to leave avatar pointing up and the arrow should rotate with map, like it was in Redacted.
6. When viewing remote portals, sometimes get notifications that links/fields were created or destroyed or get portal attack sounds and animations even if it was hours ago and no one is currently in that area.
7. When recharging portals, sometimes when there's less than 1000 XM left to full charge, regular charge will take way less than 1000 XM, maybe about 500-600 XM, even though the portal is within a few miles and regular charges before that were taking about 1000 XM as they should.
8. When picking up items, Acquire button is not grayed out if the item is out of range like it was Redacted. It's quite annoying to press it only to find out you're out of range and then have to find the item you want to pick up again when it's next to some portals.
9. While viewing agents' stats, can't scroll if I press on mission badges. I have to press on something else in order to scroll.
10. When taking items out of or putting items into capsules (regular or quantum) it shows incorrect item count. For example, if I have 2000 items and want to take 2 items out of a capsule, it would show 2002/2000. If I want to put 2 items into a capsule, it would show 1998/2000. Once transfer is completed, it would show 2000/2000 again.
11. When pressing on a portal that's close to another portal or portals, the portal selection menu appears for a moment and then disappears. Pressing on that portal the second time shows the selection menu, and this time it stays.
1. No portal hopping like in Redacted. We could look at a portal from alerts or actions, then press on a portal nearby, and if we had a key to it, we could "hop" to it, and continue hopping as long as we had keys to nearby portals.
2. Is it possible to get rid of "It has been XX hours since your last login. I was getting worried about you"? Sounds like overly attached girlfriend. No, we don't need to change that to Jarvis voice, it will be even creepier. "It has been XX hours since you last login" by itself is OK, but I never understood the point of it.
3. Can’t see own actions in COMMs. We were able to see our actions in COMMs in Redacted.
4. According to Intel Map, neutral portals are level 0. In Prime, neutral portals are shown as level 1 when looking at keys. Is it possible to make them be shown as level 0?
1. When scrolling thru keys, they jump around and show some keys twice.
2. Need some indicator, like red circle in Redacted, to know where North is, especially considering that portal view randomly rotates either clockwise or counterclockwise.
3. Considering that sometimes it takes several seconds to load portal data when looking at keys, is it possible to NOT show portal level at all until data gets loaded? Currently it would show level 1, then whatever level it actually is after data gets loaded.
4. Can't scroll in COMMs as after a few seconds it takes you back to the bottom.
@NianticBrian How about making a seperate section dedicated to drone activities? The current one looks clustered and messy.
Wow. I'd hate to be an Ingress developer reading the tone of these messages. Many sound so unappreciative of all the hard work that goes into a game which literally costs nothing to play.
Thanks for all the hard work to those at Niantic! It's a clear challenge to keep the game fresh and running smooth.
A button in settings for English only in the the Android version. Apple users can select it in the phone settings for each app but with Android you can only switch your whole phone into English in the phone settings. I use Google Maps often (the English voice don't pronounce German streets correctly) so I won't set my whole phone into English. Please let me play Ingress in English on my German phone.
Divertido utilizar el drone, pero creo q se pierde el encanto de salir a caminar y jugar distrayéndose
I'm still having this, and the red alert ball/dot isn't showing correctly at main menu button. Both problems didn't occurred in first version (when the dot was yellow).
I dont know if it was the previous version or if it's a constant BUG (or a feature). I just got through my first Recursion... And now, after each swipe gesture there is a moment of a lag (the buttons turn gray, and I have to wait for action to take place) - it was not like this before Recursion.
It's most anoying during gliph hacking... After tenths of thousands times repating a certain action, your fingers are used to some speeds - if I press the hack button and swipe to the upper left, usually I would add a "complex" and "more" commands right away... Now there's this lag, and it feels like the game has frozen... It's only for a second, but it's very, very, annoying. I don't know if anyone else has that feeling after Recursion, but I thught I'd write it here. Please fix that!
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give 60fps mode
Seems like a small update this fortnight.
Wondering, what is some of the longer term plans for DroneNet?
I like DroneNet as it is. But I hope that it unless it extends gameplay further.
Older bugs in the game seem to be not addressed as some would like.
Also, can we please get rid of these annoying shopbots?
@NianticBrian Why does rolling out updates take so long? The base of players is not big. In some countries, an update is already in the play store almost a day ago...
My "drone" ( couldn't you find a better word for this) reset it's position back to my current location after this update. I had it parked a few km out and nobody plays in this area for sure so there was no portal attack or whatever plus even if there was, I didn't get any notification of the fact. So, why did this position reset with update?
Please add an option at the stats copy menu, why can I not directly update to agentstats or the grid ??
Hm i have a bug where comm activity scrolls up when i press and now showing latest :(
There's an annoying bug in the comms. Long pressing names to see profiles gives "Agent Not Found".
Maybe it’s a phased rollout?
This would be cool, looking forward to getting the update.
The screen shot seems taken from an Iphone without home button. Just wondering if I'm the only one still bothered by the double swipe. 😕
I believe its something to do with google's play store checking system over different regions to see if it passes all checks to go on the play store platform for all to obtain as for the Apple App Store I dont know how quick there procedures are.
I'm not a fan of the double swipe either.
Why do double swipe still exist....?
Does anyone find it useful?
Maybe choose switch off/on is better.
Please pay attention to users' opinions!
What double swipe.
On android, never come across this