[ Bug Report ] Drone cannot back to previous portal

Hi!

My drone has moved from "Plaza Don Rosendo Ríos" (https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=-34.827015,-58.184924&z=15) to "Polideportivo N3" (https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=-34.827015,-58.184924&z=15) and traveled around but not it is impossible to do the jump-back from Polideportivo to Plaza Rosendo and as far as i can see there is no other way to make it back, and i dont want to recall it because it is 38km away!

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

Youre gonna need to go there and collect a key. That way the portal will be visible again and you will be able to make jump up to 1,2-1,4km.

But this should be fixed, of course! The drone should be able repet the same patch back and forth always, key or no key.

• ph3dph3d ✭✭

Yes, the problem is: if was able to GO to a portal, it should be possible to BACK to the same portal. I didn't have any keys from that portals, just testing how long i can travel with the drone.

Here is a screenshot of the footage from Polideportivo N3 and Plaza Rosendo is not in sight!

• ph3dph3d ✭✭
    edited June 2020

It doesn't sounds "interesting" to me at all 😂 and i still found it more like a bug.

If you take a look to S2cells, that conditions only mets if the hack range it set to 505m instead of 500m. That is interesting!

• Novoca1neNovoca1ne ✭✭✭

Yes I like these ideas very much. Would help me out as I have a drone stuck 30km from its starting portal. Frustrating

• You know what? I'm stuck myself.

Even with the use of a portal key to jump 1 km, I could make that jump in one direction, but not in the other. I have keys of both portals.

Luckily I'm only 5 km from home. That's not as bad as 30 km.

• I consider this as a bug: a visible portal and in a range of about 450 m but not displaying properly and not able to mode with the drone on it!

Additionaly, in this case, it is the portal I moved from and can't return back!

• I have the same problem. My drone has been stuck 40 km from it's starting point for a week or two. I was able to jump between portals one way, but can not return. I submitted a ticket to Niantic Support on 13th of October, but haven't had a response.

Due to coronavirus restrictions I am not allowed to go to the portals to get keys to make a longer jump.

• As others have said, it's to do with S2 cell boundaries.

Here's an example:

Between the two portals, which S2 cells are loaded differs because the portal's placement within the cell. In one direction you can see a portal, but from that portal you can't see the original in the other direction.