If all the stats associated with drone actions had their own sub category instead of putting them under Discovery and Resource Gathering. And add a stat for Enemy drone kills.
The Stats page needs some form of overhaul honestly.
True. I feel like they can hide the Seer stat since it will never tick up again
Here's what I've got so far as far as reorganizing the stats:
1. Hide the "Seer" stat line since that number is rolled into Portals Discovered anyway and many players don't even have it. Still keep the number visible under the badge though.
2. Change "XM Collected" to "Collected XM" and get rid of the redundant "XM" at the end of the stat that takes up a second line.
3. Change "Agents Successfully Recruited" to just "Agents Recruited" so that only takes up one stat line. "Successfully" seems unnecessary since you only get the tick for it being successful anyway. Hopefully this comes back.
4. Move all the "Drone" Stats to their own subsection between "Combat" and "Missions" called "Drone Ops" where you can remove "Drone" from each stat name so they only take up one stat line each.
5. A personal request. A new stat under "Discovery" called "Scoring Cells Visited" where you get a point for each unique scoring cell you've hacked or captured a portal. Award a medal called "Traveller" or "Wanderer" that looks like a Map or the Trekker guy but with a walking stick and wizard's hat. Tiers at 3-9-25-49-81.
@NianticBrian just a few suggestions.
Exactly. The stats look pretty bad clustered.
Unique Cells Visited is an old idea because the concept of Cells was old. Many people fought for it. You are not the only one. I asked about this before and was told on reddit that, last time Andrew responded to this suggestion, he said the badge is too easily abused by spoofers. For me this doesn't seem very persuasive. Any badge can be easily Onyxed by spoofing. Idk. I personally really hope this badge to come true. Souvenir keys are fun but, they doesn't strictly mean you've been there and they can't be flexed on profiles.
It's an old idea because it is one I have been pushing for since I came up with it.
When ir was stated that it is easily ajustable I'd say they meant that it was not possible for anyone to "track" it.
But I guess that matters little since the trackable badges are also abused and the ban comes in barely.
Removing stats because they are retired is kind of iffy to me. Some of us worked towards those stats. Both Seer and Guardian are things agents worked for in the game. Just because others might of started after those badges were retired, doesn't mean they should be removed.
They could just add in a section at the bottom called "Retired Stats" for the following stats
Would of been nice for a Previous Events section at the bottom to show your stats for each of your previous events (unless you did not compete in them).
Also, API for stats? Would be super nice. This might help open a door for the idea of having an export of your keys you currently have as well (think if anything, this feature should be something that's included in the fabled, upcoming subscription)
Destroyed stats for mods would be nice to see. Even nicer, would be a breakdown of what type of mods they were (maybe yet another subscription based idea (I'd pay for that)).
For profile, it would be nice to show off your mission badges, but not your actual stats (like Redacted). But I'm not sure if that will ever be a thing anymore.
I'm not suggesting getting rid of Seer, just the Seer line. It's kind of redundant because all the Seer points are also part of the Portals Discovered points. We should still keep the Seer Badge with it's points even if they will never tick up same with Guardian and Recruiter. Days portal held still ticks up even though guardian badge doesn't
@EvilSuperHeros Retired status? Just because there is no badge for them anymore, doesn't mean that they are useless now. People still counting them up and wishing for improving them. Lot of people still keeping "guardians" as well as any others status. Drones don't give any badge currently, buy our team in my city is already running up to see who can get the largest km. The page need some changes (like a section just for drone), but not by removing any of current data, even labeling then as retired seens wrong.
Another thing. Maybe under the Now tab add current distance of drone.
Sub category should be called "Drone Ops"
Your account does keep track of stats that aren't displayed. I've done a GDPR on my account and Niantic has the following:
Weekly IFS count should be removed, it will never be anything but zero as results are never processed sooner than a week and a half after the event. I suggested this months ago.
Just wanted to send this idea back up since even more stats are being added to the jumbled mess.
Perhaps a new section would fix it. I guess "Niantic Workforce" would be an accurate name.
Related to this, all the Scout Stats can be collected under a Scout Ops sub category as well.