Bug or WAD? Forced Drone Recalls Stat

If you have a drone returned to you (due to it residing on a portal that is captured or destroyed), a new statistic appears in the "Defense" section of your agent profile. Is this statistic supposed to work this way - give a count of the number of times your drone was sent back to you... or was it intended to be a measure of the number of drones that you forced to return to other agents because of your actions on a portal?

As it currently works, this is the only statistic for a negative occurrence... something that happened to you that you likely did not want. Is that the intent?

I know that, for now, other agents cannot see your drone, so there's no way for someone to know if by capturing/destroying a portal, that they are forcing it to return to you (unless they tell you where their drone is, of course). but as this feature evolves, wouldn't it be useful to have some sort of "drone hunter" stat?

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's in defense, probably to count how many drones you've lost. Somebody commented that it can be exploited by leaving your drone in a enemy portal and destroying it. But, who would want to raise their fail-mometer? I believe it will never get a badge. Either way, I think it should be fixed to not count the times you flip a portal with your drone in it.

I would love to being able to hunt enemy's drones for a stats and medal. I don't know if there's already a stat for that.

• I'm not in favour of drone hunting. There is no defense. You can only move your drone after one hour. If drone hunting becomes a thing, drones should be allowed to move faster. For instance when their portal is under attack. The only defense now is that drones are stealth.

Another possibility is opt-in or opt-out. Agents can choose if they can see drones and thereby their own drone becomes also visible. You can only see other drones whilst your own drone is out.

The other agent choice is to hide your drone but then you also can't see other drones.

That way agents can choose if they want to participate in the drone hunting and hunted game or not.

Changing this option should be time restricted to avoid on and off opportunistic toggling. E.g. once every 24 hours or only when your drone is in. Or out. Or something else.