Why is recharge so slow.

This has been happening to me since Prime was released, not only during server testing or anything like that. Some charges are fast but usually, I get this.

Press charge, power bar goes yellow to show decrease, then wait.... wait a bit more, then power is consumed and portal charges. 30 second delay sometimes.

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

servers have been very unstable the last days....

• EvilSuperHerosEvilSuperHeros ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually, recharge is borked. Completely. I recharged a little over a million XM during the recent VFS (Virtual First Saturday Event). Since the previous VFS event my stats submission via the autoscore sheet didn't work correctly and my stats were not recorded properly (didn't work correctly this past time as well, one of the POC's had to manually edit my stats for the sheet (not sure he did it correctly either but that's a separate issue)). I took screen shots of my stats before and after the event (when submitting the stats).

Actual stats are as follows

XM Collected: 990,759

XM Recharged: 1,075,924

A difference of 85,165 XM

How is this possible @NianticBrian

I recharged more XM than I collected? That's simply amazing. Something is not working correctly somehow.

Recharging has always been unstable. It's more so over the past few months. Recharge a few portals, then get the pink ring around your circle, unable to perform any actions until you restart the scanner. Issue is the same on mobile data as it is on stable WIFI (I've checked multiple WIFI connections (different locations Home/Work/Friend who has a different ISP)) Maybe it's the fact we are all trying to recharge portals that only have 5% decay on them and it's overtaxing the system somehow?

• Recharging in Prime has always been a nightmare. Refer my post https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/3837/long-delays-during-recharge-activities WAY back in September. STILL not a single response from Niantic.

• Have you all tried the boosted recharging? It drains your XM faster but if the bar is full it should be faster than normal. Be prepared to use some power cubes though.

• That's all I ever use. It takes up to 30 seconds to activate. Very frustrating and makes recharging VERY time consuming.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

Yours is broken.

After clicking the recharge button it immediately consume all my xm bar and refill the portal in two seconds at best.

What takes a lot of time to load if the portal at alerts tab. I got the email and phone notification, but when I open the alert tab the portal do show up for almost 1 minute, enough time to the portal be destroyed. Sometimes it's faster to look for the key.

• HopeaKotkaHopeaKotka ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2020

I have also noticed slow recharge.

For me this happens only when starting to recharge portal key that are far away and never used anything else than recharging.

So first recharge for far away portal takes time, but no slowness for subsequent recharges on the same portal.

Local nearby portal keys are always fast to recharge.

My theory is that complete data for rarely used portal keys are stored in slower server database and it just takes time to fetch these keys with complete data from server database.

But I do not remember of seeing this kind of behaviour with Redacted.

Post edited by HopeaKotka on
  • SSSputnikSSSputnik ✭✭✭✭✭

I always use boost charge. And yes, further away portals are slower than close ones to recharge.

However, close portals are still slow to recharge. Just not as slow.

And it's been happening since Prime introduction, not just at high server load times.

Plus, it seems to affect others differently, I have seen agents able to fast charge stuff and others not.

I have a modern Samsung S10. I have good 4G.

• BlackMist00BlackMist00 ✭✭
    edited July 2020

Exactly the behaviour I see and on the same device. If you happen to have two distant portals in very close proximity to each other, the recharging of the second one is instantaneous, so it's definitely the loading of something area-based that is the delaying factor which, again, leads me to think of the background roading/map etc.

Post edited by BlackMist00 on
  • RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

I've had this issue a lot recently. I've switched to recharging individually to get the temporary AP boost (for me, 520 per key is worth the extra time to me) and I get a long pause of 5 to 30 seconds several times a day, with no noticeable pattern to it, I also notice my phone getting very hot during long sessions of recharging (possibly it's still drawing the 3d gameworld behind the interface? This was the conclusion players reached with a similar problem on the gift screen in PoGO) , My guess is that the game is doing something that triggers the device's overheat protection, which would explain why it differs for different agents.

• Another update, another update lacking a fix. Consistently 10+ seconds, add often more, between pressing the (Boost) Charge All button(s) and resonators actually recharging.