Dev Diary: Dronenet

12346»

Comments

• In regards to more Drone options having some sort of package delivery Drone might be kind of interesting, specially to help in preparation of global anomalies and events, or simply to coordinate the creation of large scale fields.

-Only one per Agent. Can be used once every 24 hours if not already in use. Unlike other Drones, it cannot hack Portals remotely.

-Can be loaded with up to 50 total items of any kind. (Maybe capacity can be upgraded?)

-Instead of traveling to nearby Portals, it flies straight towards a speciffic target using that Portal's key.

-Both origin and target need to belong to the same faction. If either gets destroyed delivery fails.

-One minute equals one kilometer of travel. The further the target portal, the longer it takes to get there, but has no distance limit.

-Once received Drone can eiter be recalled empty instantly or filled up by another Agent on target's location and sent back.

• In the old scanner you could portal hop without any cool down. I don't see why you need to wait 1 hour before moving again. The drone hacking can still have an hour or even two wait.

If you introduce new versions of the drone then previous versions should still be available. Each new drone version can introduce a new benefit but also have a negative. For example, the current Mark I drone could have no cool down on portal hopping but a long cool down on hacking. Mark II could allow a much shorter hacking but is visible by other people, etc. Then it's up to the agent to decide which drone to deploy.

I disagree with the idea of drone hunting, mainly because I didn't agree with guardian hunting. The two issues with guardian hunting is that people scraped the logs in order to keep track of enemy portal captures and the other issue is there was a medal that you had little control over. If drone hunting is included then it shouldn't be something that people can scrape off the logs or will prevent people from achieving a medal.

• RaklmRaklm ✭✭

When will be released Drone MK2? with attack capabilities, that will be interesting.

• I've hacked more than 330 portals and I've never got a forced return.

Seeing that a portal has a drone on it would be of great appeal for competition, especially if forcing it to return is rewarded with APs (1000 maybe).

Drone pilote licenses could be slightly different for recursed agents, which have been promised several times some kind of reward, but nothing was seen. Some examples: 1.5x APs for hacks or more gear, invisible drones etc. .

• RaklmRaklm ✭✭

why? have you an unreachable portal and only you have access? convenient to you to deny other agent to have access to your unreachable portal. Like others I want to destroy or even delete not accesible portals and is easy to see what portals are restricted.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2020

When will be released Drone MK2? with attack capabilities, that will be interesting.

Never, I hope.

• BurliBurli ✭✭✭

It would be nice to have the current Flight in km in the now Tab.

• I would like to see the additional ability to deploy a single resonator from a drone. This would allow people without access to bgan setup or yagi antenna and signal booster (the latter is illegal in my country) to capture comms challenged portals which are near accessible ones. There are several of those in our area. Limiting it to single resonator means you can't easily create a linkable portal which can't be attacked: Doing so would need eight players, encouraing the sort of teamwork which has largely disappeared from the game.

• grendelwulfgrendelwulf ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe the drone can only be loaded with a single resonator and deploying it automatically sends it back home.

• Hola! Pues resulta que viviendo en una zona de más de un millón de habitantes con el límite actual de distancia para saltar (unos 500 metros) intentar volar en línea recta queda muy limitado porque a menudo los pequeños núcleos urbanos y en consecuencia los portales, están a una distancia mayor...

Sería interesante que se pudieran acumular saltos, por ejemplo por cada 100 saltos consecutivos sin que el dron vuelva a casa tener la posibilidad de dar un salto en vez de 500 metros de 5 km...

Y por cada 300 saltos un salto de 10 km y por cada 1000 saltos uno de 100 km...

Esto permitiría poder viajar entre regiones e intentar hacer lo que dice el refrán de que "todos los caminos llevan a Roma"...

• thesolothesolo ✭✭✭✭✭

What would happen immediately after this functionality is granted is that people would use the drones for field plans. Deploy portals in areas that close/have limited access, but don't fully deploy them. This makes the other team not think anything of the portals, because they can't be linked to. And then drones come along, drop the remaining resonator(s), and suddenly the portals are valid for fielding. But since you can't destroy via drone, you're giving an unfair advantage to the deployer who can fill out a BGAN-only portal via drone, whereas the other faction must destroy in person with BGAN.

So this is a long way of saying "absolutely not".

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

No animation when i recall drone in Prime 2.50.1 only animation when i call the drone to portal and i see the drone fly to the portal. Please fix it soon for recall. @NianticBrian

• RaklmRaklm ✭✭
    edited June 2020

will not, if carefully set up.

If inacessible portals exist, also a counterstrike have to be possible, this would be fair.

for example drone mark II or III can only sent from agent to furthest portal in scanner ~500 meters unlike mark I witch can be sent further from portal to portal. and also if that portal can be destroyed, automatic drone will be sent home, and same 1hour move restricted.

there are many solutions, and can be done by the whills.

Post edited by Raklm on
  • Many countries and areas are restricted and can only use Dronenet to a few km.....because of lack of portals/gaps ...or also on an Island like Singapore......or Great expanse if land in USA......so a jump of 500m cannot span the vast gaps between portals.....Singapore has thousands of portals but a lot of gaps to the North......

have moved the drone 2 ways to get out of Singapore.....both dead ends....trying 3rd time......maybe lucky......through different route....will know later....

Think it would be good to be able to hack an item which could extend drone distance.....similar to LA.....maybe ???? Otherwise many of us will give up, because once actual Max distance In own area is completed you have nowhere to go with drone net ???

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

This is where my old suggestion of maybe using existing links to travel

• Like for us to be able to hack the portal with the drone more than once at the portal we fly to. Having to wait a whole hour to hop to one and another hour to the previous portal, kinda sucks. I would like us to be able to farm that level 8 portal that is unreachable or forbidden to travel to.

• Love the idea of being able to move a drone along any friendly link. It would be fun to fly my drone to Paris, Sydney, McMurdo, anywhere. It would add some incentive to create (or destroy) long links. The cool down period after following a link could be proportional to the link length - 1 hour for a short hop, up to 1 day for a transatlantic flight.

How about if each portal can have no more than one drone? If you try to fly to an occupied portal, you get denied- maybe with a message telling you whose drone just blocked you. Getting blocked would be the only way to see where other drones are, and you could decide then whether to physically go to that portal and attack it to force a drone recall.

I agree with the posters who think there should be very minimal interaction allowed between drones and portals (no attacks, no deploying resonators or mods, no capturing keys). But I do like the 'vampire drone' idea someone posted (a drone parked above a portal increases the rate of XM decay for the portal - just enough to be noticeable but not enough to be an efficient attack mechanism). And perhaps when a drone flies onto a portal, the portal is inoculated from flip cards for 15 minutes.

• TryeVareTryeVare ✭✭✭

I want you to be able to know the direction and distance to the placed drone on the home screen.

I think it will be an alternative to the navigation that has disappeared in Prime.

ホーム画面上に、配置したドローンへの方角と距離が判るようにして欲しいです。

Primeになって無くなってしまったナビゲーションの代替になると思います。

• I would like to know from the Game Masters exactly how far can we control these Drones? What is the maximum distance a user can maintain control of a Drone and if it goes to a place outside the Maximum Reach what happens to it? Nothing is written on FEV about this topic. Enlighten us please :) Thanks!

PS- And waiting a whole HOUR to keep using it sucks! Can we at least move up the frequency of movement?

There's no limit of control. The only limits know are about 500m radius to load nearby portals able to jump, and if you have the key it can load further and jump up to 1,25km.

• SrZapSrZap ✭✭
    edited August 2020

@NianticBrian, I liked this update on Dronenet, which now shows how far you are from the first jump point. This facilitates the movement of the drone and the selection of the most distant points. Looking forward to competitions with this new gameplay!

In the previous version, an accountant (29/07/2020) appeared, but I think it was not well calibrated ...

In Release 2.52.1 or 2.51.1 I did not see anything calibrating this tool.

Post edited by SrZap on

I'm pretty this is actually the distance between that portal and your current location.

• What happened to the keyboard in CHAT for COMM?? THX

• J1vvyJ1vvy ✭✭

I let my Sojourner lapse on New Years Day 2020 at 1000 Days. I wanted to gain some personal time. When the Drone was introduced June 23rd, 2020 I started hacking again every day My current streak is at 999. Tomorrow will be 1000 days of using the Drone to keep my Sojourner alive in a stress free manner at a total count of over 22k Drone Hacks. Thank you @NianticBrian

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

I highly recommend setting up 2 alarms for every day to remind you to do your daily hacks

One for the morning

Onw for the evening

It is easy to forget to hack especially when ypur rputine suddenly changes.

Eg, getting the flu

• holdthebeerholdthebeer ✭✭✭

on the contrary, I highly recommend to end the streak and play in a stress free manner (: