We are continuing backend server testing that may temporarily increase latency on the Ingress app and on Intel Map Learn More

I have a doubt

Good afternoon.

There is a game that is deleting portals for convenience and without judgment, here is one of those that 
deleted
mural that was painted by a local artist and takes time to the mural and how can I do to restore it 
because I find it unfair that it was removed since it is real,
I stop by that place almost every day after work.

https://www.google.cl/maps/place/Tecreamos.cl+-+Dise%C3%B1o+de+Sitio+Web+e+Inform%C3%A1tica/@-33.0595563,-71.3679289,3a,75y,313.12h,73.81t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1sAF1QipNiCC25EcGbTgxLqqm7l3HKrbLb-ZsO4YVp3nRa!2e10!3e11!6shttps:%2F%2Flh5.googleusercontent.com%2Fp%2FAF1QipNiCC25EcGbTgxLqqm7l3HKrbLb-ZsO4YVp3nRa%3Dw224-h298-k-no-pi-20-ya0.99999416-ro-0-fo100!7i8192!8i4096!4m7!3m6!1s0x0:0xfd8f31a9b8f454fa!8m2!3d-33.0595649!4d-71.3680114!14m1!1BCgIgARICCAI?hl=es&authuser=0

Tagged:

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭

It looks like it qualifies as private residential property under Niantic's guidelines.

• oscarc1oscarc1 ✭✭✭

If you look at the link provided, it is evident that whoever lives there also drew a large Ingress banner on their wall too. Both murals are on the walls of private residential property and given the context of the Ingress mural I would suspect abuse to game the system for their own benefit. So if the Ingress mural is also a portal, that should be removed too.

Also, that One Piece mural is extremely basic, it would have only taken about 20-30 minutes to paint that. So I wouldn't get too attached to a basic image painted on a residential wall.

• ZedelDiosZedelDios ✭✭

I doubt that it is private because there is a public access nursery (Vivero Omara) where people can buy plants, flowers, trees. And it always had a lot of public but on time for orbital reasons it is closed and they only attend by phone for the matter of the pandemic.

• ZedelDiosZedelDios ✭✭

de echo el mural de ingress no existe el 

juego 

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭

It also looks temporary..

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭

The portal is on a public sidewalk, I dont see the problem with it because it's not on the property itself

Also graffiti art adds culture to the neighborhood, and if ppl are doing it to enjoy ingress / pokemon go, dont see the problem

I remember going to Wynwood in Miami, FL, lots of really cool graffiti pieces there, and probably wouldn't of visited the area or knew about there if not for the 1000 portals there

I'm going to bet jealous bad actors are abusing the report system and Niantic should look at it

• It has been said by Niantic in the past, that even if it's on the boundary wall of a private residential property, it's not eligible regardless of being able to touch it from the pavement. It's a shame because lots of lovely, really detailed, murals can't come into the game.