We are continuing backend server testing that may temporarily increase latency on the Ingress app and on Intel Map Learn More

Portal scans

When doing scans do the same rules apply ref car number plates, people and so on please?

Comments

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

No, there are no "rules" that say a scan will be rejected for things like people or license plates, and because the scans are not visible to other players after uploading I can't imagine that the same privacy issues are a concern.

But... I would still do my best to exclude those objects from the foreground if possible, because they are not a permanent part of the portal and will move. I suspect that uploading a scan with a person or dog standing next to the object can mess up whatever 3D analysis they are doing with the accumulated data.

• Thank you !

• I try to keep them out of the scans I take, although they're not appearing in Ingress, per say, I still don't feel comfortable recording them and sending them into the ether. Plus I'm not sure if having people in **** will affect the 3-d process (by disrupting the shape of the portal).