Location GPS

Hello, I recently installed ingress and but he game wouldn’t load when I was in my home. I live on a small island so I started to cycle towards a portal that some people had got in touch with me and asked to get, which is apparently really important. However when I got back home I still couldn’t load the game and I’ve tried only using 4G and only using WiFi, nothing works. It’s a shame as I would really like to get into the game more. Anyone have any idea, thanks.

Comments

• 3car3car ✭✭

The first login downloads take lots of time, and fails a lot.

• YDSFI03YDSFI03 ✭✭

I’ve already loaded I’m the game though as I took a portal, I was just on the road outside when it happened.

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭

Well, what doesn’t it load? There are no other portals on your island, so you can’t see anything but the map in-game. There isn’t anything else to load...

Also, it seems like you’ve been recruited to just capture that portal. Something that would not have been possible if a cheater didn’t knock it over a few days before (you being level 1, makes it impossible to destroy the portal, as it was high level with shields and links). The portal was “neutral”, so you could capture it, with the sole purpose of blocking the restore by Niantic, which in turn makes linking through the spoofed lanes possible. It’s sad to see what this game has come to, and sad to see you getting dragged into it, only to find you can’t do anything Ingress related on the island because there are no portals.

Sadly you can’t level up in any way in the game, so it won’t be possible for you to request new portals. I’d offer you some help, but that is futile, you can’t do anything without having another player expand the play field on your island.

• YDSFI03YDSFI03 ✭✭

I would just like to be able to go on the game so I can explore it a bit more. I got to school off my island as there isn’t a high school here so there’s plenty more portals where I go so should be easier to level up. Additionally, I have been talking to a few people who have said that they will be able to set up some portals on the island when lockdown is over.