5% Portal decay complaint....well more like sick of it

dear Niantic, when you guys consider speed it up so we dont have to wait 3 weeks to decay, since more places are easing up lockdowns or close to.

please consider 10% if anything ie 2 weeks decay, just not 3 ugh. I know 15% is 1 week decay

thqnks

Tagged:

Comments

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Agreed. It is painful to play now. There's lack of competition, and it takes 20 days to rebuild everything.

They should increase the cube droping rate and it double it's size, not destroy the solo gameplay.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

this change is too long now, also ppl are getting to comfortable that lalala u only need 4 players to build a p8 or just 2 for p7.. and also u dont even need hack mods now all portals are more or less farms with 16 hacks.. i burn so many hackmods and powercubes its not even funny anymore :s

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, it is about time to revert stuff back to normal.

• Deaf1Deaf1 ✭✭

I like it. Leave it as is

• KhatreKhatre ✭✭✭✭✭

So this slow decay has been around for enough time now ?

• Increase the decay back to 15%. I'm literally deleting C8s, 50 at a time, now.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

majority is sick of it by now.... i guess it will last end of year or something who knows.... same with double r8... way too easy to buld p8 now no tactics... we have drones now and recharge for sojourner rest can disable...

• Well been a while simce i made this thread.

i am close to recurse again but really... slow decays really tilted my gameplay to point of pure boredeem, hiatus, game deletion which all i want to avoid cauz i love the game.

-

seriously @NianticBrian do everyone a favour and tell,us the roadmap with the slow decays, it is really killing the game for everyone let it be competitive or not, opposition or none, and so on.

we have the drone now and that should have the high cube bonus output if one can mod their drone to do so.

consider set decay rate to 10% (10 days), introduce R mods that speed or slow down decay rates, increase hack output for flip cards, sbuls, and cubes, keep current cooldown (or make it 3 mins instead of 90s) but get rid of the multihack bonus

honestly, just fix the decay rate already!!!!

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Each day of slow decay results in more and more people quitting because of boredom. Tick tock.

I guess it isn't felt as painful in San Francisco or where he's been sitting, because there is an opposition there. But if you live in some village and can field once every 3 weeks... why should one keep being in the game that lets you play it only once in 3 weeks?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

why not just increase hack output 10% or something while disable the bonus? that would balance pretty good imo.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2020

Increase the decay to 10% instead of 15,this will make portal decay in ten days (half of current time and 3 days more than the normal).

This change will help everyone: decay will be longer than a week, so if you can't play outside but want just to recharge some portals you can safely do it just once a week, with 3 more days to spare I case you forgot to do it. Also, won't be a huge amount of time to wait and **** players with boredom.

And with that, increase the drop rate of power cubes, or double the XM capacity of them. This is easy to change (it was already done many times with other items) and will help those unfortunateds who haven't anything to do but recharge portals.

• In 1 week, we'll start with returning these 2 temporary changes specifically: Portal decay rate and Portal hack burnout.

We'll continue to monitor how the other temporary changes affect the game, but these 2 specifically were good candidates to start with because of the Agent feedback we've been hearing. Thank you.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Great its a start atleast before things return to normal, if only double r8 can also in the near future go away but maybe keep the double r7 for now..