Like Sands Through the Hourglass

This GIF was presented to those that completed the Enemy Mine mission at the latest anomaly. And for a long while, it had annoyed me. Not because I will never be able to do this mission, but because I knew it represented something.

Recently, we lost some of the researchers to Nemesis. A group named of the Greek goddess who enacted retribution on those whom she felt committed Hubris. And, boy, does Nemesis believe that Niantic has committed some kind of hubris. I seriously don't think we've seen the last of them either. More on Nemesis' goal can be found in this discussion https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/444/nemesis-goal#latest

Back to this GIF. After watching for some time, I realized that the two triangles each represent the mind, body, and soul glyph sequence. One representing the human body, while the other represents the simulacrum. they come together and fall over. This new symbol represents infinity, or the infinite lives the simulacrum has.

At this point the infinity symbol gets righted and becomes an hourglass with sand flowing through, and when the sand runs out, wings appear at it's sides. This, I feel, represents what has been happening to the Prime Researchers. Time stopped for the Researchers. The hourglass that dictated how long they had to live had tipped over onto its side. They could live forever as long as their human bodies stayed intact (rules based on ingress anime).

Once the hourglass is righted, time was set back into motion. The human body dies, then you shard the simulacrum. This stops the recursion. **** can no longer be cheated, and Nemesis wins.

Comments

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

@NianticMac or which ever nia person approved this.

Can we remove this particular discussion as it is a repeat of another one?

• Maybe save the text and post it right where you link to and then delete it? Would be a shame if this well written piece of knowledge and/or speculation would fade away

• wikkedimpwikkedimp ✭✭✭

It's already saved in my drafts, and this original post is posted twice with one word changed

I would like to remove one of them, I'm just unsure if there's a way to delete it without admins getting involved.