Goodbye of a Vanguard

Comments

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Have you seen a game like clash royale? This top rating game has a translation into all the necessary languages, and therefore is friendly to players. Since the release of Prime, I have not seen a single vanguard who would get from the developers of the game, sensible translations for their region, voice acting ADA in their native language. In this sense, vanguards are useless.

Did the vanguards introduce at least something new into the gameplay? I have not seen it yet either.

Have the vanguards managed to ban at least one helicopter player who is involved in the "trusted elite"? Also did not hear about it.

So tell me what is the use of your actions for a simple player? For what your merits should we pass on to you the development of the course of the game? Not personally to you, but to the vanguards in general.

With the help of vanguards, no close contacts were established between the community and the developers of the game. Even this forum in this regard has become a more productive solution.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

So what? Once again I ask, what exactly is your feature that should allow only you to decide what to add to the game? Vanguard - you are the chosen one! And all the rest, then what? Why are we - simple players worse than you? If not worse then why not make a vote for all of us about how the game should develop? For example, I want shapers, someone wants something like viruses from plague inc. To be transmitted through the links, the third player wants only 1 level for all objects, but there would be more objects. Why don't developers listen to the main trends and translate them into the game? With a democratic vote of course.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Who said anything about only VG get to decide what to add to the game???? We don't. We don't decide anything. Wow, if only we did...

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Jeez louise. You really have no idea what being a vanguard means huh.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

We don't decide anything = we are just useless.

Once you could solve many questions, but not now ... You can’t even cope with the main function of being the voice of the people. Nia can and does listen to you but does it anyway in his own way. Sad but true.

• Well, you see this isn't a democracy it a game owned by Niantic and they are deciding their rules of engagement.

They have decided that the way they want to test their idea is through a group with multiple agent background.It has nothing to do with you being better or worse than a vanguard to make a decision, it's just the way they have decided to do it!

Next time they ask for new vanguard just fill the form pour your heart into it on how you want to make the game better.

• You are not happy with the fact that you are pretty much asking the mechanic guys to sell you a new car in a garage when that not what he is asked to do.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

No, I do not want to be the next elected representative of the "elites". Let the developers begin to listen to ordinary users, make the normal administration of the forum responsive to every trend in the community. Then the chosen ones will not be needed.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Aside of the mess created with @GreenVam 's help, are there any updates? Did the call take place? Hopefully we'll be updated on this.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

I asume we will hear when this call has been made one way or another.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

@Azhreia wrote " Once again, we are a sounding board. NIA solicits our opinion on various topics. We are not in the employ of Niantic, and do not serve you, the player."

With all due respect, and in this case I mean that sincerely because I have a lot of respect for you, the purpose of the Vanguards is precisely to serve the interests of the players. The first line of the In Conclusion section of the Vanguards article is "Vanguards are player advocates. " The whole purpose of the program is to be the players' representatives to Niantic.

Though perhaps I am just disputing the meaning of "serve" in this sentence. Vanguards serve the interests of the players, but that does not make them beholden to every whim of every player. Many players have a very warped set of expectations for the Vanguards.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Better said, thanks. That's what I was getting at. We represent the players as we are players ourselves. Our opinion is what is considered the interests of the playerbase, and from all types of players in our diversity.

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

How diverse are the Vanguards really, though? My experience has been that they skew heavily toward highly-engaged, highly-active community leaders. How many of the Vanguards are players who just keep their neighborhoods built while they walk the dog and maybe drop in on the occasional build? What percentage of the Vanguards have been anomaly POCs, for example, and how does that compare to the general population of players?

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

We are pretty diverse, actually. From old guard to new players that came over from Pokémon. Casual players to hardcore.

The high-end players will obviously stand out more but we're pretty well balanced, actually. @RedSoloCup made sure of that

• Or at least pick certain community members that interact with people and that niantic feels could add new fresh insight mixed in with those vanguards past and present who have put skin/sweat/tears/data plans/phones etc...or simply put there heart & souls into your game to make it flourish.

• Hmmm & theres me thinking the Vanguards were actually out there Active Ingress Gamers not people sitting in an office like yes men (or women) waiting for the bosses to come up with the next crazy thought...who knew ?? :D

• Well Done On Becoming a Vanguard...If No One Else has said it then I will...new player or old player everyone has insight that may or may not be valuable to NIA & Ingress.

But if it gets approved then deep down in your heart you will know that you were apart of that decision.

• they srd ver

t

Well my local vanguard is a bit of a detective when I was last active...he tracked my movements to a tea and found me in the real world twice...but he was an Old Guard and the nicest person you could ever meet he even dropped me a quantum capsule at my feet as it was the one item I hadnt found while Hacking in my short time there was a couple of opposition players that kept missing me as I was too fast but Yes @Hosette they are active and around in secret even while walking there dogs like myself building up the map (and covering my location in there fields while I slept).

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Good to know! Although leaving it to Niantic to share details, at the current state of things, means we won't ever know what happened / was discussed - they simply won't tell anything.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

We can't discuss the details though, as we are under NDA. Even retired VG are still bound by it

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

community should get some info i mean we are the players of this game, i understand they have NDA but still some info or anything would be nice to hear from niantic.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Which is why @Claudija said Niantic will have to be the ones to respond. Breaking NDA has consequences.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yes thats why i said from niantic, i know vanguards will not say anything and i dont expect either, but niantic to us players have no NDA last time i checked.

• NDA'S really are a pain in the backside but they are there for a reason...think of it like a secret identity as in your human self and your Agent Self working for NIA Special OPS or even the FBI/CIA/MI6 Etc...You dont expect everyone to know your secrets until its the right time.

Its like @Claudija is trapped in the top of NIA Tower and no-one can get past the tower defences to get the information out...and if someone does get close to the tower the Ban Hammer Comes Down in the tower so the information stays intact...buts its more serious than that.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems you're unaware that Niantic hasn't been part of Google for many years now. Google has no stake in Niantic and doesn't "oversee" it.

Also, very confused with what you think the Vanguard program is for. It doesn't "collect meta data, violate privacy and sell your data". Where on earth did you get this idea from??