Goodbye of a Vanguard

Comments

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭

Vanguards liked remote recharge cause it essentially gave them the power to give anomaly medals to people sitting on their couch

Vanguards made Niantic spend engineering time to ensure this happened after exo5 and they were announced

Niantic deciding to not listen to them anymore was probably a good thing cause they clearly did not care about agents actually coming to their anomalies (other than trying to give out free medals for sitting on the couch)

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

His narrative has been horrible gatekeeping thinking that remote recharging shouldn't warrant an anomaly badge because "you're sitting at home" - like let's not ignore the planning that happens to make these remote recharge rooms even possible with agents transporting keys over many miles. There's many ways to play this game. You'll have a better time not worrying what other people are doing.

• cheatchcheatch ✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

Oh, so are we going to establish that giving anomaly medals for FREE for sitting on a couch was a stupid idea?

My post about that was locked and I was slapped with a warning for that line of 'wrong think'

I'm really glad Brian Rose is back cause his style of anomalies were awesome got me really into Ingress in 2014. His post about fixing future anomalies is really awesome, I have faith in Brian Rose.

Post edited by cheatch on
  • ClaudijaClaudija ✭✭✭✭✭

So maybe you didn't read the description for Munich but there will be a off-site medal for recharging:

https://ingress.com/eventdescription/anomaly/anomaly-2020-munichgermany

If you wanna discuss this maybe start a other thread - it will not be seen here.

• Lauuu5Lauuu5 ✭✭

Lo peor es la seguridad de prime contra los fly y las medidas para que desaparezcan, F por ti y por prime que va de mal en peor.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

@ace I hope that by "desire for events in the original sense" you meant also Mission Days described in the quoted post. Some people are afraid, aren't ready to go straight abroad to Anomalies, there needs to be some another "stage" to "prepare" them. A Mission Day role for me was (and many new agents would be) the needed chain link. Their frequency for my country (once a quarter or half a year) was perfect to visit them all without too much damage to the wallet, and not too often to get tired of them. New city each time has its benefits also - agents used Mission Days as a cause to visit a beautiful city they've never been to.

I wholeheartedly hope this will return.

• Just to point out that Claudia isn't the first to leave, Vanguard or otherwise. Chiming in now is all well and good but where have you been as we have been giving feedback about the problems in your game for years now?

• @pinesinger not talking (posting) doesn't mean not listening (reading).

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

Whilst this might be the case, there have been so many topics with issues (like linking long distances reliably) which have gone unanswered, not even an acknowledgement. I can tell you it's demotivating; people will come together for OPS, only to have it fail because the game doesn't work, not because we have active resistance from the opposing faction.

Someone will take the time to create a topic, only to have it go unanswered and disappear in the archives.

I think it's wise to have some staff man the social media pages and organize and respond to issues on the forums...

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2020

@Claudija Can you keep us updated on this the following days, please? Things are starting to get interesting, it seems.

• Yeah as true as this might be dear @ace it also requires working technology that doesnt crash all the time and a support system in place that want to actually work with the playerbase and not make excuses or ignore the people finding the issues preventing the exploration part of what Ingress is all about (Free exercise generates Free Labour)

if the technology fails and the software cant cope correctly you dont send out a silent assassain to make the world a worse place by shutting down scanners and destroying players fun & stats....oh wait thats exactly what you have done & are still doing.

Back To Basics Methinks.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

It is better to discuss the roadmap of this game with all users on this forum. Because many innovations, as we see, are absolutely not pleasant to users. Make an honest democratic vote and build on the game based on its results.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

This is very noticeable on the rating of the game on google play. We see where they brought the game. As a rule, the opinions of most players are radically different from the opinions of Nia and Vanguards.

• GreenVamGreenVam ✭✭✭✭✭

Let me remind you that gamers are consumers of the company's products