Opposing faction glyph messages coming through portals?

LandelerenLandeleren ✭✭
edited May 2020 in General

Has anyone noticed glyph messages aligned with the opposing faction coming through portals? For example, I recently got this from a level 7 enlightened portal:

• HELP - RESISTANCE - STRONG - VICTORY

I also got the following from resistance portals:

• HELP - ENLIGHTENED - STRONG - VICTORY
  • ATTACK - RESISTANCE - PERSUE - ENLIGHTENEMENT
  • FOLLOW - SHAPERS - PORTAL - MESSAGE (granted, this was under an enlightened field)
  • DEFEND - HUMAN - NAZEER - LIE
  • CONTEMPLATE - COMPLEX - SHAPER - TRUTH
  • SHAPER - MIND - COMPLEX - HARMONY
  • HELP - SHAPERS - CREATE - FUTURE

I don't think it matters if the portal is under a field. For instance, HELP - RESISTANCE - STRONG - VICTORY came from a level 7 enlightened portal that was under an enlightened field. Although, I did use a Jarvis virus to convert it to enlightened (which I did to practice glyph hacking enlightened portals,) but I did that several weeks ago and I just got that message.

I realize that some of these messages could be sent from a trickster archetype and be pro faction messages. For instance, CONTEMPLATE - COMPLEX - SHAPER - TRUTH could be interpreted as the shapers are telling half-lies, and rightfully urge the agent to see more than what is on the surface. But, others like HELP - SHAPERS - CREATE - FUTURE is clearly a pro-shaper message coming from a resistance portal.

Anyone else experience this?

Comments

• HosetteHosette ✭✭✭✭✭

It's been that way since the introduction of glyph hacking in 2014.

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

As far as I know, the sequences are given at random. Other agents hacking at the same time as you will see different sequences, and there's a small chance that the same glyphs will appear in several sequences in a row. There's even a chance that you get the same sequence twice in a row from time to time.

I cant say I've ever seen a condition that determines whether you'll see more or less of a given glyph or sequence. Well, there was this one time right at the start of one particular April where things got really toasty...

• Neku69Neku69 ✭✭✭✭

If you want to ask my opinion, ENL portals should support ENL messages (except the Osiris one), same as RES portals. Mixing together makes me angry xD. Sometimes I dont write them correctly because I'm annoyed because of the content xD