How to deal with bad actor

quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭
edited April 2020 in General

Three months ago a spoofer @WoopDeDeSwoop started up in our city. Makes fields from portals closed for public even at regular times (power plant or so on). Destroys portals when another agent is there - and 'live' agent doesn't see anyone around. Instantly* travels long distances.

(*at the speed of traffic, so the automatic ban did not work).

After 2 1/2 months of constant complaints against him (with evidences!), NIAOops has already banned him.

And a second account (@WhyAreYouRun) instantly appeared. Runs on parks which are closed due to quarantine, flies on the same routes as the first dude, in general, behaves similarly. Niantic has already received a new complaint, gave their pointless answer that measures have been taken, but we do not tell you about them because PrIvAcY ReAsOnS. Aaaaand a new cheater's account is still available.

Who faced this, tell me, will this festival continue again for three months?

Comments

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

A spoofer can win out an entire local faction, NIA OPS and go away. Either the spoofer will give up or Ingress will be discontinued.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Additional note: the TR program should be extended for these kind of things-no matter how much evidence we put in our reports the spoofer wins.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

its too easy to just create new accounts and spoof on :( hopeless when some cant play fair...

edit: funny who disagree? i guess we have a spoofer in here...

Post edited by mortuus on
  • AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭

The first TR program was like that, and resulted in them becoming the default place to report cheating. That's not what they're there for. FYI, TR reports are also logged via the normal support site. They don't have a different system for reporting accounts.

Their purpose is to escalate spoofers that take actions on durable or strategic portals so that they can be investigated quickly and the portals can be restored.

• quirischaquirischa ✭✭✭✭

+1 pointless answer with no real actions.

Wonderwork! The spoofer is shooted down again. Thanks to all sympathizers for their support.

• Aparte de volar también copia nick de agentes y juegan al otro bando y empiezas con las voladas tumbando campos y portales en provincias

Lastimosamente no hay respuesta agil en tema de denuncia solo se limita a decir niantic que tomarán las medidas pero siguen volando como si nada

Me:

You have recently banned the accounts of spoofers. The portal ... captured by them is located in the park, the park is closed for public by authorities due to for lockdown. Thus, it is now impossible to re-capture this portal by legal means. Therefore, it is an inaccessible portal. Can you somehow reset the portal to remove the effects of spoofers?

Nia:

Security circus.

• 3car3car ✭✭✭

Never knew that it uses the same system. Still when you are bothered every now and then by smone sitting without all those coronavirus you start to wonder if I should go to the same lines.

• SerroZelernySerroZelerny ✭✭
    edited April 2020

There is a new account of the spoofer. The new account is ZelernyJIox. The account was created today's morning. I think this night ZelernyJIox kills all enl portals in area and create fields over the region. The report to GPS spoofing to NIAOps is submitted.

This time the spoofer chose offensive nickname. ZelernyJIox is an offensive nick for me. It refers to my nickname which is SerroZelerny. I hope that my report to offensive nickname will pass to real NIAOps team but not to the bot. However NIA replied to me that After reviewing the codename you reported, we have decided not to remove it from the game because it does not violate our Community Guidelines (https://niantic.helpshift.com/a/ingress/?p=web&s=agent-protocol&f=ingress-community-guidelines). The community guideline says:

#1 - Treat others with respect

Never defame, abuse, ****, harm, ****, or threaten another player.

This nickname is a definite offence. The agent violates the community guideline for sure. Unfortunately NIA Ops think another way.

It is easy to create a new account for a spoofer. NIAOps is the only and last way to fight against GPS spoofers that ruins Ingress. Let's wait for NIA Ops's reply.

• hellpuppyhellpuppy ✭✭✭

It would be great if the verified badge could return for all niantic properties. One account per person per phone number would at least make em spend a few bucks and effort to obtain a burner each time they wanted to spin up a new one.

• CosmicPassionCosmicPassion ✭✭
    edited April 2020

• 7 times over. And over. And over

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

i cant read that sign what does it say?

edited June 2020

Cheater returned with a new account. As noted above, with this - ZelernyJIox.

Two reports have not yet yielded results.

The theater of the absurd continues.

It only took two hours for the NIAOps to do... nothing: cheater's login is still alive.

At the same time, I suggested several agents that may be behind the registration of these cheating accounts. Well, no result too.

I will continue to share with you how support (not) works.