Recharging no longer extending the Sojourner hack streak?

I recharged a portal yesterday with a streak of 341 days. Today I recharged the same portal, noticed I was still at 341 on my medal, but my stats showed that I had a hack streak of 0 days. I know that the recharge = hack was a temporary measure, but Niantic should have at least warned people if they were going to turn it off. The portal I am recharging is literally a 2 minute walk from my home, and I was so close to my onyx. :(

Comments

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

They have not turned it off, i have not see any info they did ? why didnt u just hack also a portal ? u must have missed the 24hour hack window somehow...

https://community.ingress.com/en/discussion/10095/temporary-in-game-changes-made-to-ingress#latest

• RostwoldRostwold ✭✭✭✭✭

It's not turned off, mine just incremented. It just looks like you missed the hack window, unfortunately.

• Just checked myself and my sojourner counted up via recharging.

You either forgot to recharge during your window or maybe you got a connection error and your recharge didn't go through... Either way, you should had checked twice everyday being so close to onyx if it had counted up or not and recharge more than once a day. Even if you had only 1 portal alive, you could always had recharged 1 resonator at the time.

Can't say that it it's not a pity that you lost it so close to your onyx... maybe you can find the courage to start it over like others and myself did when lost it, when it was more than half the way up or maybe not.

• Just did another recharge on a third 24 hour period since I noticed this. Still have a hacking streak of zero days.

My going theroy is that recharging only extends streaks, but can't start them, and my streak got broken over 4 days ago. Either that, or something glitched, or maybe you have to do one hack every week or something.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

no if u recharge daily as hacking if u are somwhere and cant hack then it counts, if u miss the window somehow it doesnt matter, that was your own fault. If u recharge morning and late evening i dont see how u could miss the window....

If u are positive u was within window and counter shouldnt be reset then do a ticket and let niantic investigate your account.

• The same thing happened to me a few days ago, I did it on time and I tried again many times, but it never counted again. In fact, he still didn't want to tell me about any more recharging, so I stopped trying ...