In game tasks (like research tasks in PoGo)

2»

Comments

• jontebulajontebula ✭✭✭✭✭

Where in the UI can Niantic Place it? Share picture.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019
  • Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2019

I can't wait for the research task that connects the game to this community. "Like 10 posts on the Ingress Community."

And of course that couples to OPR. "Rate 10 portals". "Gain 10 upgrades". "Rate 10 portal edits."

/sarcasm.

• GoblinGranateGoblinGranate ✭✭✭✭✭

I think they would be a good midle-step between starting up fresh new and getting to know the game.

They would make a good deal when tutorial is over and players that didn't understand it are left alone! Community is there to help, of course, but we all know this is not reality in some places.

I agree about the badge thing, not quite the point, but this would passively increase current badges. For rewards, I'd just put common/rare mods for that extra help in desserts. I really think it would help new agents to get a grip on the game :)

• Jo0LzJo0Lz ✭✭✭✭✭

The most important thing about this game is strategy and team play. Nothing like a quest like “throw 10 links” to make new players **** of team members by blocking their fields ;)

I don’t think the research tasks would have a lot of value.

• Nice points. Again it is like missions and glyphing, people have the option of not doing them as well, they aren't compulsory.

As long as the rewards aren't game breaking and they are implemented correctly (i.e. can't be scraped and displayed on Intel with a custom plugin - see my earlier comment) I think a task based system would be a net positive for the game 😃

• I dunno... I like the tasks in PoGo and HPU, but I feel as that it would cheapen the experience of Ingress

• Supported! We need this for daily motivation.

• gagamickgagamick ✭✭✭

A window on my phone pops open and says "a fracker starts to hatch"

Don't you want to play pokemon go right away?

🙂

I don't see what is wrong on having something more to do!

• gagamickgagamick ✭✭✭

I have in ingress myself, already so many opportunities to play in different ways, I don't need any daily tasks. I can still animate myself every day.

Well I'm only in it for two years, it may well be that the dinos prefer to have predetermined tasks, because otherwise they don't know what to do anymore.

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Believe it or not, you're a dino.

Task would actually be more attractive to new players and casuals.

• Some players have been playing for nearly 7 years and have gotten a bit bored with not many core gameplay changes since then besides missions and glyphing.

It's not about having predetermined tasks because players don't know what to do, it's about bringing something new to the game to have more stuff to do.

• sisimeonsisimeon ✭✭✭

Sounds like a good idea to me!

They could copy-paste the system from pogo and let different portals have different assignments each day. The rewards could vary from worthless to VR gear.

To justify VR gear or other similar rewards, just look at how we had VR gear duplicating in capsules for years. This would provide a middle ground where one can gain more gear by actively playing, not just storing it in a capsule.

Or of people don't like gear as rewards, just put a badge on it, akin to missions

• Patka07Patka07 ✭✭✭✭

I would do daily or weekly tasks even without prize, just to have fun with game.

That is just too much: having every portal giving tasks is too much work! Also, rewards must not affect the game, so VR items are just out of discussion.

It would be better to have lesser chance to "get" a task, and it should be more complex that capturing 5 portals. The plan is to have something to invite new players to play around.

Pokemon GO has that insane amount of task because they go along with the game, but this is not Ingress case, players would just miss it!!

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed. I would say something like 3 random tasks a day, unlocked on first hack or on its own menu. If it has a badge, maybe something like accomplishing all 3 every day would give onyx in arround a year (1331 tasks, maybe).