Optima global challenge this month?

mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

Will there be Optima challenge this month or ?

@NianticBrian

Comments

• abshaabsha ✭✭

No!

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I doubt it with how the pandemic is

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

Will it be a wayfarer event?

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

So what are we supposed to do? Not much to recharge for me in a blue city already with barely any portals that decay now... . Ppl play this game daily not all countries are in total lockdown....

Ingress without any events is like any other game=boring... Staying home isnt healthy either in long run going out if u can is healthy.

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think you understand that this out of Niantic's control for events. The April Fool's event was probably a step in the right direction with the virtual NL 1331 event.

I'm just going to be blunt - I don't know what you honestly expect them to do right now when California is on a mandatory stay at home order since March 19th. They aren't operating at full capacity.

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

I'd like to participate wayfarer event. At least something new

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

ok i understand that, but question is then why should ingress run then? better put in hold for a while until things clears up, i mean what if this will last another 6 months? ingress witout any events is like any other mobile game really.... kinda dull... in pogo they will soon add raids from home but in ingress there isnt much to do from home sadly....

those countries that are in lockdown shall ofc not go out and play that would be plain stupid to do so but those in countries that arent such affected will get bored if this lasts for who knows how long..... or give us wayfarer event then or something.....

• No!!! Do not do a wayfarer event. I cannot even look at that thing. Just wait until the end of the pandemic.

Instead of just a week or two, make the event during a whole month or two.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah they could do that, no rush even if u live in a zone where not allowed it wont expire after just one month and everyone can do it when they can without rush.

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭

I’d hope that we get something to do with the Battle Beacons that have been found for the next event.

Pokémon GO has raiding from home soon so maybe some PVE, which you can do from home by tapping nearby portals (or those you have a key for), doing some glyph hacking (throw in some new ones and say they’re battle glyphs, or you need to do the right ones to repel the enemies glyphs (say do Less when they do More etc.) within a certain time frame) or something similar and then gain AP from that.

edited April 2020

This really bother me. Pokemon (and HP) are getting tons of benefits and easy play because this, but Ingress players are basically punished.

Longer decay are actually damaging those who are still being able to leave. Even if I can go out, my enemy can't, and there people who plays alone on some cities, so longer decay are just stagnating the playability in one more week.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

yeah ingress would be cool to have some sort of PVE or PVP playing from home, battling bosses or ? I hope this battle beacons will be something fun.

• Try + add-on and dark mode. you'll probably start to like again. Just like the OPR times :)

• GrogyanGrogyan ✭✭✭✭✭

They potentially could do Distance Walked.

• they could generate an arena with 4 portals to fight online would be great

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

maybe thats what the battle beacons will do ? i think it will be like a mini anomaly or something.

• FOXlCFOXlC ✭✭

No way that any of these will take place during pandemic. But some kind of 'offline' event would be nice to see, for example, a recharge contest.

• mortuusmortuus ✭✭✭✭✭

reading on tg soon virtual FS from home coming....