We are continuing backend server testing that may temporarily increase latency on the Ingress app and on Intel Map Learn More

What are the requirements for access to portal removal requests?

Due to the high influx of Pokemon submissions and approvals hundreds of invalid or couch portals are getting approved and Im willing to waste my time to make the game better by submitting for removal but I dont seem to have access, the area is grayed out. What are the requirements for submitting or having access to submit? Im level 16 and 3 times re cursed.

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know the level, but I am L12 and I have the option on a portal within my scanner's visual range. But before making invalid portal report, make sure that they truly meet the removal criteria, which is as follows.

• No (safe) pedestrian access
    • Obstructs or interferes with emergency services
    • Private (single-family) residential property
    • School (up to K-12)
    • Permanently removed from location (or simply does not exist at location)
    • Duplicate of another Wayspot
    • Adult-oriented store or service

A couple of notes. First, the last point is not listed in the report menu in the scanner, but Niantic has confirmed that it is part of the removal criteria. More than likely, it will be rejected at first do to the initial report reason being invalid, but can be appealed with additional information.

Second is that "doesn't meet criteria" is not a removal criterion. If a portal didn't meet the acceptance criteria, was passed through Wayfarer anyways, and doesn't meet the removal criteria, Niantic will not remove it.

• AzhreiaAzhreia ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 1

You need to be within 25km or 50km (can't recall which exactly... might be even less) of the portal in order to submit an invalid portal request. I believe it's also level-restricted to L12+, so you should be fine on that front.