SCAN PORTAL Submission failed please try again

Since this morning or maybe with the update 2.43.4 it's not more possible to submit scan portal

Tagged:

Comments

• pr0mpr0m ✭✭
  • and each attempt decreasing number of submissions available.

• ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭

Extremely annoyingly this also happens even if I choose "Upload Later", which does not make any sense.

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

I get "Submission failed" every single time I press Upload later or try pressing it again. The only way is to cancel. What the?????

• 1valdis1valdis ✭✭✭✭✭

Out of curiosity I just counted how many times I have to "try again" tapping "Upload later" button. I tapped 50 times, each time resulting in "Submission failed" popup. After that I canceled my submission.

• hiryuhiryu ✭✭✭

It stopped working today for me as well. "Upload later" gives an error every time.

• pr0mpr0m ✭✭

@NianticBrian seems many players have this problem.

You are all on ios and 2.43.4 ?

• ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭

2.43.4 and Android 10 here.

• grsmhikergrsmhiker ✭✭✭

@NianticBrian Thanks for the fix! Is there any chance that those who lost available submissions due to the error message can get them back without having to wait two weeks for the count to reset? I lost less than 10, but some people lost dozens or more.

I was able to successfully upload 5 scans from the field today, and never saw an error.

• ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭

I can also confirm that scanning now works fine for me. Thanks for addressing this!

• hiryuhiryu ✭✭✭

It has been working for me too, since yesterday. I don't even get failures on the first scan of a session any more. Thanks for the great fix!

• Hello @NainticBrian ! I still have the problem with submitting portals since version 2.43.4 . Each time I send the submit, an error message appears " time to charge the photo is too long, try again" . I translate in english but I'm french, so excuse my poor language...

Any fix for my problem in France?

• Hello @NainticBrian ! I still have the problem with submitting portals since version 2.43.4 . Each time I send the submit, an error message appears " time to charge the photo is too long, try again" . I translate in english but I'm french, so excuse my poor language...

Any fix for my problem in France?

• phthoruthphthoruth ✭✭✭✭

I've reported that scan update errors count against your quota in this bug report, but no response from niantic there, so I'll repeat observations here

Your first upload after restart is likely to fail and count against your quota. Avoid restarts and do a large batch so the loss of the first scan has less impact.

A work around is to submit a portal or photo before your first scan. Doing this allowed me to do a successful first scan sometimes. Not always.

If you retry and it works, the 'success' will count against your quota, but when you upload later from settings, you wont get credit.

The upload from settings crashes, but resumes after you restart the scanner. Some 'successful' scans are also lost.

The stat in the scanner doesnt always update. A restart will update, but will lead to scan failures.

I've lost approximately 110 scan quota due to upload errors. I can't scan, even though I've done far less than 200 scans/13 days,

I'm in the US and I think scanning started on Mar 10?

(31-10+1)*200/13-228 = 110 which is 67% success rate. 1/3 of scan quota lost to errors.

The crashing and scan errors I've come to accept... my only request is to compute the scan quota based on successful scans.

• hiryuhiryu ✭✭✭

@phthoruth, I'm pretty sure the failure of the first image is no longer an issue since March 29. I was losing lots of submissions before that as well, but none since.

The quota resets in a rolling manner, like portal submissions. That is, each day my available submissions are going up by the amount I submitted 13 days ago. So if you still can't submit, then maybe it hasn't been 13 days since your first big batch? Also, the 50 failures you mentioned in your other post may still be pushing you over. Which is a bummer, but the good news is that going forwards things seem to be working well.

@hiryu I think you're right. I'm on 2.43.4 and havent had 'upload later' failures.

Still missing a lot of quota. I've done 107 scans in the last 13 days and have no quota

• I made more than 30 scans today, uploaded all the scans. But my counter is still at the point like yesterday. Great.. Not!

Version 2.45.1 has a bug. If you're on 2.44.1 stay on that version. Otherwise wait for 2.46

• I have met this problem to when finish scanning choose upload right now ,will display "submission failed please try again" every time but don't spend a nomination of scanning my phone one plus 8 and prime 2.46.1the newest

Version.

• I got the same problem with the same phone and same software version.

• maybe this is phone problem? Before last week after scan nomination comedown ,I found this problem. Even though I upgrade the game to 2.47.1still exists this problem. I want to get golden badge of dog.

• It was my first scan to be performed with this phone so i don't know if it worked before.

Using pictures from the phone tot be used as portal pictures works, if this could help.

• upload pictures from phone is ok it works . however portal scan still not work .I find some thread from the one plus bbs or Reddit to show that ar core component don't work on one plus 8 series after upgrade the system .it not only ingress can not play ,other ar games all can not work .

• So we are unable to perform portal scans ...

That's sad

Perhaps an update on the OnePlus side might resolve this.

• It really sad I update my system from 10.5.5to 10.5.6 not work !!!! I give up to solve this problem . one plus 8 series can not Support at app