#myfavePortal

Comments

• M42M42 ✭✭✭

#myfavePortal is at the Burke and Wills Dig Tree Reserve, 1200 km west of Brisbane, Australia, near the Queensland/South Australia border. Named after two of Australia's most famous and tragic explorers, Robert O'Hara Burke and William Wills, who tragically perished near this spot on their 1861 Expedition to attempt the first North/South crossing of Australia. The Portal in the picture is The Face Tree, a Coolibah Tree, that has a portrait of Robert O'Hara Burke and the initials ROHB carved into it's trunk in 1911.

This portal is especially important to me because it became my Onyx Guardian. After years of road trips trying for Onyx Guardian, my good **** and fellow Resistance Agent, Shauno and I went on a 4 day journey out to Innamincka and The Dig Tree in August 2017. We didn't just go for the Guardian though, some massive fields resulted. It was fantastic, one of my favourite Ingress trips (and I've done quite a lot.) It was so barren out there, at times we had a 360° view of the horizon and not a single hill or tree in sight. We timed it perfectly too, because by the time the portal had got to 149 days (when a lot of my Guardians were dying) it was the middle of summer and no one was mad enough to go that far west in that heat, just for an Ingress Guardian ****.

It eventually got killed at about 300 Days, by a guy that got banned for Spoofing and the portal got captured by NIAGamemaster, who still owns it today. It would be 950 days old today, If I still owned it.

The Fields that resulted from the journey to #myfavePortal

• This is #myfavePortal because it’s one of my favourite video game character in one of my favourite city. #staysafe

ign: magemadness

• starwortstarwort ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks like a spaceship while you are scrolling through your keys, but it is in fact just an outdoor seating area in a park. I am sharing this portal in #myfavePortal because it lasted for 905 days.

One summer day in 2017 I took my car to get serviced and spent the day walking around the villages in the area. I saw a few sights that day and captured a number of portals for the first (and only) time - also upgraded and hacked a portal owned by another player that eventually became their longest-lived portal because I kept a key and recharged it until it was attacked at 571 days old. I managed to keep three portals alive from that day, all very close together. One died in the random-unexpected-decay incident in late 2018 or early 2019. A second one died mid-2019 because the alphabetic key sorting bug in Ingress Prime meant that I missed charging it on time. And this one lasted until the Umbra Deploy challenge, when it was neutralised and recaptured by another agent.

• 😀

#myfavePortal

Este es uno de mis portales favoritos. soy @Zhioon

LA CRUZ DE PINASACO

Tiene mucha importancia ya que para poder llegar hasta ese portal es necesario caminar mucho y por un camino sin pavimento y en una pendiente muy dificil.

He subido hasta alla en 4 ocaciones, Todoas memorables, Una de ellas solo y otras con mi agente @BelltrixMC que aparece en esta fotografia.

Tambien pude a ayudar aun gran amigo agente de la resistencia Noruega el es @Raz0rBlade ya que en la ciudad donde el juega que es en noruega no pudo conseguir la medalla de Iluminaitor.

Subir es muy dificil pero la vista de la ciudad de San Juan de Pasto lo vale :D

Y aqui algunas otras imagenes de el portal.

Mas imagenes dentro de el juego.

Gracias a todos los agentes que participaron con sus imagenes y acompañando para subir hasta este portal.

@DanniKG, @Raz0rBlade @BelltrixMC @Jproduce @

• KroaXKroaX ✭✭

Pas très loin de Ty Mamm Goz, je suis sûr d'y être allé avec elle étant petit.

L’Association Papa Poydenot s’est fixé pour but principal d’être le conservatoire de la mémoire des équipages des canots de sauvetage à avirons et à voile.

On peut y voir le canot du même nom.

A la pointe de Penmarc'h, au pied du phare d'Eckmühl, dont la lumière bercait mes nuits vacancières.

@KroaX

#myfavePortal

https://intel.ingress.com/?ll=47.798066,-4.373525&z=18&pll=47.798066,-4.373525

• #myfaveportal is Gasoline Alley at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, in Speedway, IN. I grew up in Indy and return each year to attend the Indianapolis 500 in the month of May. This will be the first year in over 30 years that I will not be at the Speedway in May. The Indy 500 was postponed until August due to COVID-19. Stay safe.

#myfaveportal

Agent: DaedalusX75

• cptnpndcptnpnd ✭✭
    edited March 2020

One of the key portals in region

Often involved in city coverings

Also been specified by locals a mission

And amazing view!

#MyFavePortal

• cptnpndcptnpnd ✭✭
    edited March 2020

#MyFavePortal

I'll just mention that this portal never been green.

Located on the top of the love peak in Arshan, Siberia.

• #myfaveportal in Slovenia which I had the privilege of visiting late last spring, at the museum commemorating the World War I Battle of Caporetto (Kobarid). The museum is a treasure trove of photos and documents from that era, and the docent really brings alive the history and the enormity of what transpired at that pivotal moment.

• #myfaveportal

This was one of the first portals I ever found and I started playing near this portal. I also think its realy cool how the trees were flown to space before being planted.

-ZedZerker

• this is one of the first portal I started playing Ingress on.

thanks to this portal I was able to pass my first level in the game.

#myfaveportal

agent name : KiwiK85

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?pll=46.360533,-0.374567&z=18

• Here is #myfavePortal from my favorite city, Chicago, reminding me of my favorite team, the Chicago Bears. A great souvenir from a wonderful trip!

agent: 321whatsername

• AnlashokAnlashok ✭✭✭

Here's my favorite portal: the Hoffman House Tavern in Kingston, NY.

It's been in almost continuous operation since the Colonial Era, and is one of the few structures from that era to have survived the 1777 Burning of Kingston.

And this is a close second: "Gettysburg Address", a historical marker located in Gettysburg, PA. It was one of the portals I visited during the June 2014 Interitus finale (which, I might add, was the first Ingress event I ever attended; even though it was quite the tiring experience, it was well worth it for the friends I made and the sights I saw during the event!)

• LiizatuuliaLiizatuulia ✭✭
    edited April 2020

Almost my favorite place in the world is the island of Bylandet in the Porkkala archipelago in the Gulf of Finland. There are 4 portals there, but I picked this one: "Maisemagrilli" - freely translated as "Grill with a view" as #myfavePortal , since it has the best views. The portal has been submitted by my husband - ENL agent pokekauris. We have been doing boating trips to this island already long before Ingress, and in the last couple of years also kayaking there. The island is owned by the city of Espoo and is in recreational use. It is uninhabited nowadays, but has remains of some buildings from the time of Soviet occupation in the 1940's and 1950's, including an old watch tower. The island has smooth rocky shores and all kinds of interesting huge rocks and rock formations left behind by the ice age. You can see a multitude of birds, especially in the spring and autumn, when it is migration time. The island has played a significant role in many englightened operations in Finland in the last year or two.

This picture was taken April 21st 2018, at that time there was no portal here yet.

Post edited by Liizatuulia on
  • WooormsWooorms ✭✭✭

I like this one for a lot of reasons, including the history behind it and mostly how beautiful is the 3h hike to reach it.

#myfaveportal

Wooorms

• HydracyanHydracyan ✭✭✭✭✭

#myfavePortal

I never actually went to this place, but a close friend of mine give this key as a present and since that our friendship grew up to the skies! She really loved the trip to Sydney and literally can't stop talking about it 🤣

Hydraulinski

#myfavePortal

https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=-33.864754,151.214882&z=15&pll=-33.864754,151.214882

• Zw4nnZw4nn ✭✭

#myfaveportal

On the 27th of April 2019, with some agents we participated in the #StarBattleOfPuppids.

We created a Starburst on this portal. It's the only real event where I could be part of.

It was a nice night and a great souvenir.

I'm @Zw4nn and proud to be Enlightened 🐸

• #myfavePortal

This Portal is special to me because I like going there fishing. I caught there my biggest fish: Carp which weight was 15,6kg. It was also one of first Portals created by me.

Agent codename: @MikM1376

Intel link: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=53.533934,15.014783&z=17&pll=53.533934,15.014783

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

When i moved to my present home,in 2008 year,the first thing i noticed was installation with some storks. They are a symbol of family with children. Later,in 2014,when i began playing Ingress,i noticed that there aren't a Portal with them,and of course decided to create it. So yes,this is my first submitted and created Portal (it was hard to create(six or more times it was rejected),also first scanned one:) Each day i see it from window or walk with dog near it.So,i think i can tell that this one named "Аисты" (storks) is  #myfavePortal

Agent codename: DSkatauri

Link: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=50.492892,30.517654&z=18&pll=50.492892,30.517654

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

#MyFavePortal. So hard to decide one one particular portal at the very top of my list, the game is so versatile and there have been an assortment of portals that have helped me to achieve all sorts in game.

One portal I definitely hold in my heart is “Tring Park North Entrance”

It’s special for me as it’s the very first portal that allowed me to make a contribution to the network. I started to play Ingress, like many others from Pokémon Go to add more PokéStops and Gyms to the game.

I didn’t discover this portal, I only added the photo of the updated map but this was the first of many positive contributions, with 144 portals discovered to date and countless title, description and location edits, as well as photos added to portals.

Every time I see this portal’s key, it reminds me of where my contributions to the network began, how they have enhanced not only my gameplay, but the gameplay of others across all Niantic games.

• XJL310XJL310 ✭✭✭

It was a hard time determining which is #MyfavePortal so let me just share one of them, randomly picked from my key lockers.

Figure 1 is Devenport Swing Relic, in Davenport, California, US. It used to be part of the facility of Davenport cement factory -- let's imagine a giant tube on top of these relics that transmits cement from the factory to the deep-water harbor. That's what it was originally built for several decades ago. Now, the relic become a locally popular view point around Monterey Bay and thousands of photographers had taken nice pictures from there.

I still remembered the day when I discover this portal. After attending IFS in Bay Area, we drive on Hwy 1 and decide to explore to this place. To reach here and enjoy such view we need climb down a 100-inch-tall cliff, which honestly was a bit hard and risky, and definitely not suitable for everyone. (When I create this portal I intended to move it 20 meters inner to the land so that more people can Hack it.) I brought some Salty-water Duck (Nanjing-style duck dishes, which is actually more famous than Beijing Rosted Duck), and enjoyed with real salty water- sea water:) We played on the beach and enjoyed the sunset.

Figure 2 is my own work taken at that day, I really like it and would like to share to you all. The man appear in the picture is the agent with whom I used to play a lot, from EXO5 to Cassandra Prime, from IFS, MD, NL-1331 meeting to Camp Navarro and Prime Challenge. He was my collegemate. We stand together and combat for hundreds of days and nights.

(BTW I have tried to submit that picture for the Portal photo, but unfortunately it never gets passed due to that "recognizable human", lol. )

Time goes by really quick. I have graduated and now am working in China, while he will continue his study somewhere in Europe (probably). We will always remember the friendship, and bring the Enlightenship to everywhere in the world.

agent: XJL310

#myfaveportal

• XJL310XJL310 ✭✭✭

It was a hard time determining which is #MyfavePortal so let me just share one of them, randomly picked from my key lockers.

Figure 1 is Devenport Swing Relic, in Davenport, California, US. It used to be part of the facility of Davenport cement factory -- let's imagine a giant tube on top of these relics that transmits cement from the factory to the deep-water harbor. That's what it was originally built for several decades ago. Now, the relic become a locally popular view point around Monterey Bay and thousands of photographers had taken nice pictures from there.

I still remembered the day when I discover this portal. After attending IFS in Bay Area, we drive on Hwy 1 and decide to explore to this place. To reach here and enjoy such view we need climb down a 100-inch-tall cliff, which honestly was a bit hard and risky, and definitely not suitable for everyone. (When I create this portal I intended to move it 20 meters inner to the land so that more people can Hack it.) I brought some Salty-water Duck (Nanjing-style duck dishes, which is actually more famous than Beijing Rosted Duck), and enjoyed with real salty water- sea water:) We played on the beach and enjoyed the sunset.

Figure 2 is my own work taken at that day, I really like it and would like to share to you all. The man appear in the picture is the agent with whom I used to play a lot, from EXO5 to Cassandra Prime, from IFS, MD, NL-1331 meeting to Camp Navarro and Prime Challenge. He was my collegemate. We stand together and combat for hundreds of days and nights.

(BTW I have tried to submit that picture for the Portal photo, but unfortunately it never gets passed due to that "recognizable human", lol. )

Time goes by really quick. I have graduated and now am working in China, while he will continue his study somewhere in Europe (probably). We will always remember the friendship, and bring the Enlightenship to everywhere in the world.

agent: XJL310

#myfaveportal

• TheAuraStormTheAuraStorm ✭✭✭✭

#MyFavePortal. So hard to decide one one particular portal at the very top of my list, the game is so versatile and there have been an assortment of portals that have helped me to achieve all sorts in game.

One portal I definitely hold in my heart is “Tring Park North Entrance”

It’s special for me as it’s the very first portal that allowed me to make a contribution to the network. I started to play Ingress, like many others from Pokémon Go to add more PokéStops and Gyms to the game.

I didn’t discover this portal, I only added the photo of the updated map but this was the first of many positive contributions, with 144 portals discovered to date and countless title, description and location edits, as well as photos added to portals.

Every time I see this portal’s key, it reminds me of where my contributions to the network began, how they have enhanced not only my gameplay, but the gameplay of others across all Niantic games.

• DSktrDSktr ✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

deleted - duplicate post(idk how),seems not only from me some posts duplicate

Post edited by DSktr on
  • ExploderiExploderi ✭✭✭

#myfaveportal

I do enjoy submitting portals while traveling. This one is kind of my favourite, since it's on an island off the west coast of Ireland on a very scenic spot, located on an about 460 m high mountain right next to the sea, so the views are really awesome. Getting there is a nice hike with a steady and straightforward, yet energy-burning rise.

Slightly surprisingly, I've never seen it captured since I submitted this in 2014, even though I can imagine it would be a nice enough field anchor. Maybe I need to revisit the place myself and be the first person to capture it :P

Agent codename: Exploderi

Intel link: https://intel.ingress.com/intel?ll=53.808223,-10.020792&z=17&pll=53.808223,-10.020792

• PkmnTrainerJPkmnTrainerJ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2020

I don’t have the portal key because it’s been a long time since I’ve been and I was a bit of an Ingress noob previous times I’ve been (I didn’t know how to glyph hack for example) so hope a screenshot of the portal on Intel maps is okay

A short note on why it’s special to me: It’s the first portal that I ever edited! It was previously named whatever it was called when the ride was just a haunted House, which it was the first time I went to Alton Towers. I recall being surprised when I went and it was changed to a laser fight thing instead. It reminds me now of how Ingress is a battle and you have “lasers” (when links are made) **** about everywhere. I loved when I saw the name change email come through, and then decided to keep making sure things were updated like that, so yeah I’ll go with this one. Will make sure I get the key for it when lockdown is over #myfavePortal

Same account as on here is the code name if needed separately it’s PkmnTrainerJ

• #myfavePortal is "Süryani Kadim Meryemana Kilisesi", (Virgin Mary Church in Harput). It is special, because this maybe the oldest church still in use and the church carved into rock. This assyrian church was built in 179 AD according to the stone-tablet written in Syriac, which is found in the church.

It is in the Unesco Tentative List.

IGN: tramell

#myfavePortal

• This is my #myfaveportal. This is where I renewed my love of nature. There is a bench right there that I sit at and enjoy just listening to the sounds and enjoying smells around me.

Agent name: TheRedBeardRun

• AkceptorUAAkceptorUA ✭✭✭✭

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Svirzh_Castle - really nice old castle with perfect views:

#myfaveportal to spend time having a picnic with family in addition to play :)