TESSERA Round 9 Preview

edited March 2020 in The Tessellation

Truthseekers:

Round 8 is still ongoing, but the Tethered Hand wanted me to give you a preview of what's coming. There will be 30 Tesserae dropping this week. Two will appear first, and from them, we will be getting the hint to the other 28.

Good news, I hope, is that the Tethered Hand has decided, only the first two Tesserae will grant us points in Discovery and Placement Predictions. The other Tesserae, though I was told are considered high-relevance intel, will merely be a hunt of curiosity, and perhaps some extras to gain from.

Be back when I know more.

- PAC

Tagged:

Comments

• evolenoevoleno ✭✭✭
    edited March 2020

Did the Tethered Hand give any indication as to why at this stage a potential 15.5%* of points could be taken out of play? Will this potential points be weighted into the Discovery and Placements of the remaining Tesserae?

*Thanks HendrikTovenaar for better maths

Post edited by evoleno on
  • Good news indeed! Thank you for the heads up.

I assume it was the plan all along. Based on the release of roughly 13 Tessera per two weeks the grid would not be filled up before the announced event end of the end of April.

Not counting the 10 or so Tessera that Nemesis placed on the grid before the Tessellation event started, there are about 180 cells (Tessera) us players could potentially find. Taking into account the 28 Tessera not yielding points on the grid that has 180 open cells would only be about 15.5% of the total gainable points.

I'm very interested to see how this plays out.

• evolenoevoleno ✭✭✭

Even with the correct point percentage, I believe the original question stands.

• SjarlotteSjarlotte ✭✭✭

I think most agents did their maths in the first 2 rounds, we were never going to make it. This actually helps us fill up the membrane in time. I believe it has been planned for a long time? Why would their points matter, if non of the 3 factions can earn them?

• naruh0d0naruh0d0 ✭✭✭

watch the video "Optima Ultimatum" and everything was explained.

• InvestigateXMInvestigateXM ✭✭✭✭✭

@Truthseeker Thank you for the heads up! It'll certainly be interesting to see what happened in the Nemesis node. However, as there's a potential reward for "winning" the Tessellation, both factions are very protective of the intel behind the Tesserae, as, according to them, it could contain intel vital in gaining an advantage in the future, which in itself isn't a bad move. If possible, could you ask the Tethered Hand if such OpSec intel is somehow embedded in the coming Tesserae? We investigators would love to take a deep dive into them, however if they're never released by the factions... Nevermind the fact that Nemesis wants us to experience what happened to them anyways.

• LeppyR64LeppyR64 ✭✭✭

I'm excited for round 9!!!

• @evoleno with these Tesserae taken out of the game, we would still have 58 Tesserae left to gain. Of which, there are 8+5 Live drops that weight from 2-5 points each. With the current worldwide situation, the Tethered Hand is making some adjustments to maintain the competition while not exhausting all our sensitive energies. They are formulating a new form of "virtual" Live-drop that could be achieved while staying at home. As for the Tessellation completion deadline is now moved to the end of May.

@InvestigateXM The Tethered Hand decided to take the points from these 28 Tesserae for similar reasons you've addressed. They are giving Nemesis a chance to share what happened. As there won't be Discovery nor Placement points given, and these Tesserae are very likely a category of their own, I assume they won't be considered OpSec. For other intel, as the Truthseeker, I believe when both factions has gained them, they are of less OpSec value. However, in the end it is still up to each Faction to make the final call of what they decide to share.

• @Truthseeker unless my maths as gone very wrong (which it may have), after accounting for the 30 Round 9 Tessera, there are 61 remaining. I can see others we dont know of still being released too but dont forget about the cancelled live drop from Round 7