Long Distance Link Failure

Long links are a part of Ingress BAF gameplay. A lot of time, effort, and resources are used in implementing these. Agents travel long distances to participate in these, however, long distance link failure is crippling gameplay with this regard.

Recently we conducted a massive op scoring several billion MU, however the op almost failed because one of the fielding agents, agent @ranulfr was unable to link to the remote anchors.

Atleast 3 other agents in my local community are struggling with this bug.

A link to a video showing the link failure is attached.

Please resolve this issue so that big fields, an integral part of Ingress keep happening.

@NianticOfficial @NianticCasey @NianticBrian

Comments

• n3scfn3scf ✭✭

I have tried to do several long links and keep getting a message about no linkable portals. Yet where i live i am under a field which covers my county and part of a couple neighboring counties. If we could at least make links under a field it would be nice. And i would like to know how if you can't make links and fields under or through other ones why do we have several that have been done that way. Look on the map for Maryland's eastern shore

• ZeroHecksGivenZeroHecksGiven ✭✭✭
    edited July 19

Had this issues a few weeks back. Intel map showed it clear and I didn’t see any links on the drive over the pass. Get to the anchor about 75 miles away and can’t make the link. link amp didn’t help, L7 portal with link amp, nothing would make it go. Finally gave up

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭

this isnt the post for your complaint but its good links cant be made under field, encourages destruction.....

you can how ever link from edge of field into the middle....

• KarM3LKarM3L ✭✭✭

yip its annoying,, sometimes dropping key toy want to link to, putting all others in caps, and picking up key helps.....