Removal Appeal: Gate Keeper Games

edited March 16 in Removal Appeals

Category: Portal Removal Appeal

Title of the Portal: Gate Keeper Games

Location: https://intel.ingress.com/?ll=42.502823,-83.200206&z=15&pll=42.502823,-83.200206 (42.502823, -83.200206)

City: Berkley, Michigan

I recently noticed this portal was removed. The location used to be "Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier Shop", but was then bought by Gate Keeper Games.

This portal's title was updated to match the current business that occupies the building, but was then removed a few days later. Perhaps somebody reported this location before the edit went through?

Google Streetview can confirm Gate Keeper Games' existence, as seen here

Some in-game screenshots of this location before its removal:

The building has the same blue painting and architectural structure as the portal photo shows, just the name of the location has changed. It is definitely still there in its original capacity.

Can this portal please be restored? The description could probably be removed, but otherwise the edited title is accurate and represents the real-world location present. Thanks in advance

Tagged:

Comments

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 16

The original business that was the portal is no longer there, so the removal is the appropriate action. You will need to submit the new business as a new nomination instead of commandeering the now defunct portal.

• Even though the title was changed to reflect the current business? Pretty sure the removal criteria is simply based on if the current portal title doesn't exist.

I understand what you're saying, and had it been removed before the name was updated I wouldn't have posted. However, the portal was already "commandeered", as you say, before removal.

• shame they removed the gym to get another gym. 1-0 for pokemon edits again..

It makes no sense to re-submit like Farix says because it will probably be turned down as a business he should know that.

Businesses can try get sponsorship just google nianticlabs sponsoredlocations this would be ideal for that. If i'm wrong i'll notice.

Good luck though.

• Right, and even if the portal is reinstated, it won't be a gym anymore since the other portal already became one. There are definitely some cool murals in the new business that could be submitted and probably approved, but I'd like to try to get the original back if possible.

• TheFarixTheFarix ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, because the past street views show that the previous business "Doll Hospital and Toy Soldier Shop" closed down and the building was fore sale.

• The structure remains and is historic due to the business that tenanted it for so long. The only thing that changed was the tenant...they're even still a store for toys if of another sort.

The edit had already changed it to reflect the current tenant and the description could swiftly have followed. There was no reason to remove this but bad information (street view).

• MoogModularMoogModular ✭✭✭✭

That's not what historic means though according to Niantic.

• Appeal Denied- Thanks for the appeal, Agent. We have taken another look but stand by our decision to retire this Portal(s).